"WISE GUy"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow what a ride its been, I picked up this frame from the Vintage Bicycle Supply , I was told it was a 39 Columbia and I actually seen one at Cyclefest the paperboy model, but nothing fit like I assumed it would. I decided to do the double rear rim after seeing some of the Chopederos (sorry if thats spelled wrong) it was quite a chore just getting the rear wheel done , It is aluminum and welded together by my friend Don, he did a awesome job , yes they were Proclass mt bike wheels but they came to me for free.I probably spent maybe $100 total including buying the frame, the paint was free from a old friend Jerry who helped me with his frame jig. It consists of a cherry picker with a camper jack attached on top so it mounts where the headset does and you can raise and lower it so get all sides of the frame it is Candy black cherry over black with diamond dust mixed in.
The rear slick is an original Carslile cart tire, 26x2.125 the front is 26x1.75 mounted on a aluminum rim drilled to match the rear with a sealed Joytech hub
I originally wasn't planning to run a three speed rear wheel but since the spokes that were ordered were to short for the single speed hub , it became a three speed. The bars are original Wald musclebike bars flipped, the headlight came from the bay and its modified with a LED that runs off a 9 volt. SO WITHOUT FURTHER BABBLE I present "WISE GUy"
build link viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39719
HERE"S THE START
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39719
AND HERE"S THE FINISH
005-23.jpg

010-11.jpg

016-5.jpg

015-5.jpg

014-5.jpg

013-7.jpg

018-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

AND I CAN RIDE IT!!!!
020-2.jpg

022-2.jpg

NOW TIME TO REST
037.jpg

Re: "WISE GUy" NAPTIME !!!

Really slick build. Those parts came together nicely. Now for gods sake shave those shoulders!

Hey Gold Street Customs,

Wild dual rim!
The handle bars are crazy
Looks like you were having fun riding it!
Nothing better...

Get some rest :lol:

Nice build!

That's a snazzy bike ya got there :mrgreen: Looks great! :D

Wicked Cool! You definitely brought your "A" game! This bike is over the top and out of the box. NICE!

Nice build. Great detail!! Peace

I need to go to sleep to, but I am having too much fun looking at all of these newly finished beauties.

Yours has been fun to watch and I love the final result.

Man, your smile speaks volumes about your build. The last time I saw a Mustache (handlebar) that mean was Ben Davidson of the Oakland Raiders. Great work.

Your smile says it all. Great bike. The black rim/tire combo looks awesome.

I think it's funny that on the vote your bike is listed as "Wise Guy Naptime" haha

Latest posts

Back