Winter Time Blues

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was in the 60s here today! :mrgreen: Also, living 350+ miles west of my old place, it doesn't get dark nearly as early. But, remembering NJ winters in the 80s, going out to the garage wasn't likely, and one can only do so much in the basement! -Adam

Agreed on the short days.Just not enough time to get an after work ride anymores. It
was sunny and78 degrees here today, and just came in from a cruise on my murrray.
Winter is for dreamin' and biulding. stay warm this winter. :(

i dont know why this year is so much worse, but i still cant get adjusted to the stupid time change. definately low on energy, its always dark, 6pm feels like 11pm. its funny the difference an hour makes. maybe im gettin old. :roll:

I used to get the winter time blues when we lived up by Chicago, now we live in central Florida. Supposed to be in the 80's for the next 7 days.

Was in the 50s here today so I drug the hornet out and took her for a spin. After a couple hours I put together a women's American I've been cleaning up.. Usually in the winter I lose all steam, but for some reason I've been full of it so far. Hopefully it stays that way, cuz I've got way too many projects that need done!

Jon

Here in North Texas we never know what we are going to get.

It was 81 degrees here today, but in two weeks we could have an ice storm...who knows.

It definitely felt weird putting the Christmas tree up with the air conditioner running in the house. :lol:

We are getting awesome weather right now and wr went on a ride in Chicago yesterday so Im ok now. But ask me towards the end of winter , I may just answer bah. Lol

We are getting awesome weather right now and we went on a ride in Chicago yesterday so Im ok now. But ask me towards the end of winter , I may just answer bah. Lol

bike2112 said:
Like the title says, anyone alrady jonesing for the warm summer weather???? It's more the short days for me, and a long year of building bikes, I seem low on energy lately. What is everyone doing to stay motivated!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? How many bikes have you finished since the buildoff? Me, ZERO! Now I have a lot of excuses, but I think you have finished out at least 3 bikes since then.

Actually, this getting dark at 4:30 always makes me want to hibernate...

Rg

its hard to keep motivated when it gets dark so early here in massachusetts !! :?
ive been mocking things up in the basement to keep busy. it stinks when you finish rubbing compound , waxin , polishing chrome , assembling and you cant go for a test shakedown .
i picked up 4 projects the weekend of dudley swap meet to play with. ive got a whole bunch of other bikes lined up too , the hard part is getting the butt off the couch n 'puter . 6pm feels like midnight . bleh!! winter. :x

jonesin for summer!!

Buck Masterson said:
Mastec said:
I used to get the winter time blues when we lived up by Chicago, now we live in central Florida. Supposed to be in the 80's for the next 7 days.

Sure, rub it in!

This is rubbing it in. I had to turn on my AC today because the wife was hot.
But you guys will get us back when Aug. comes and the moment we walk outside we start to drip sweat.
I remember those dark cold days from going to school in Rochester NY.

g-ratter said:
Buck Masterson said:
Mastec said:

Sure, rub it in!

This is rubbing it in. I had to turn on my AC today because the wife was hot.
But you guys will get us back when Aug. comes and the moment we walk outside we start to drip sweat.
I remember those dark cold days from going to school in Rochester NY.

I had to run the A/C in my truck today. Florida sun beating down on the dark truck made it a little warm.

I stockpiled plenty of things to work on. I have a 24" skiptooth wheelset that I am rebuilding and relacing. Then I have the jet rat bike to work on and then last weekend, I picked up that '41 Huffman tanker to restore. As far as riding, I have my road bike on the trainer and usually ride a couple hours 2 nights on and one night off.

Having cool projects are a great way to drive away the winter time blues
Agree with the other Northerners here about short days/cold weather getting you down

But hate giving into it so I get outside and ride (18F with 5F windchill)
IMG_8297.jpg

Looking forward to snow which I hope comes soon so I can try out my new winter ride
Took a while to get comfortable riding at night so had to build a special bike for it :D
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=65550

The Norwegians say there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes :lol:
Tried all the fancy expensive clothes then returned it and bought construction worker's stuff
Get out there and RIDE!

.The older I get the more I hate Winter & cold weather, it's hard to stay motivated about anything outdoors....I'm still ridin everyday here in northern Illinois, but the weather's been pretty decent for December. That's sposed to change soon tho.
I ride 6-10 miles a day if the weather permits ...year-round. Here's a shot of my favorite old ride on the bike trail...
bikeolhuf11-26-11005.jpg

...here's what it looks like today 1-7-13...still ridin tho.
rrb1-7-13003.jpg

rusty1 said:
The older I get the more I hate Winter & cold weather, it's hard to stay motivated about anything outdoors....I'm still ridin everyday here in northern Illinois, but the weather's been pretty decent for December. That's sposed to change soon tho.
I ride 6-10 miles a day if the weather permits ...year-round. Here's a shot of my favorite old ride on the bike trail...
I hear ya about getting older, my hands don't work as well in the cold
Glad to hear your still riding a bunch, you put more miles in than me
Your bike looks like a cool, comfortable, and dependable everyday bike, nice :D

Latest posts

Back