Winter Time Blues

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bike2112 said:
I just inherited a 69 Schwinn tandem project from beatcad so I may have something to do here soon.........

Looking forward to your plans for this one. :D

Starting to get bummed cause I wanna go for cruises. No snow yet, and its sorta on a bit of a warming trend but supposed to rain, if it holds off I may go for a spin over the weekend.

After following the "Aluminum winter" thread I may throw on the chunky bar tread tires I took off my Trek for semi slicks and get it ready for soms snow romping.

I have been still working on bikes but doing it inside. Been working on my "Black Mamba" build, a crate clone made from a Bratz Lowrider, and a klunker. But the one that has been bugging me and I want to work on is my hauler trike but it won't fit in the door. :mrgreen: oh well this spring I'll have something to do.

This is what January in Phoenix looks like... I did my 9 mile ride this evening with the junkyard dog... :) It was a chilly 60 degrees :eek:

1356218541.jpg

I am just hoping for a cold weekend in Savannah, so I can go on a Flexy or Fugsley ride with my wabbit hat!

IMG_0377.jpg

I build in the winter, ride in the spring,summer and fall. It helps to have a nice warm basement to work in...

Here's a picture from yesterday's winter ride here in San Diego. The good thing about the cold weather is that there are less people at the beach.

af_044.jpg

bike2112 said:
Y'all in the warm winter areas are downright mean. Keep the pictures coming, it definately helps me at least and I'm not even in a cold climate. The mid atlantic in winter is really weird...it's not cold and not mild...It's just mid atlantic winter which is another term for not much by way of interesting weather. So, we have 2 woarm weather shots, let's see some cool cold weather shots of your rides to balance things out. I know we have some peeps in Europe who probably have some cool stuff going on?!?

Maybe this will warm you up.

http://youtu.be/Gm1ww9c3jgo

Finally finishing up my 24" Eliminator but it's too icy/snow to ride much with the slicks
IMG_8527_zpsf573374a.jpg

Was was 24F yesterday and really sunny so I rode on 2 frozen lakes
IMG_8571_zpscf59c3cf.jpg

Finally a warm weekend in Denver (45 degrees). But the girlfriend had me remodeling the family room. At least I pulled the table saw into the backyard for a little sunshine.

bike2112 said:
It will be in the 60's this weekend. Great weather for riding the Cycle Truck! Anyone need me to make a delivery?

DSCN3445.jpg

60s here in Ohio on Saturday, but supposed to rain. I am doing 50miles on my touring bike, rain or shine.

bike2112 said:
As long as the table saw does not flip upside down on the frozen lake, I think you both had a great day.
:lol: :lol: :lol: No upside down tablesaws in site so, yes, it was a great day :D

Glad you're able to get out on your cool cycle truck Bike2112!

Good luck on your 50 miler Terry!

Got out today 19f for the 1st time in over a week Did a test run on the bike and my right foot today been off the bike due to an infected spider bite in the middle of winter! On super antibiotics and
the foot is getting better will drive my Jeep one more day to work tommorow. The Bike rode well just a loose seat clamp to adjust. Rode about 5 mi.

imag0574h.jpg

imag0573l.jpg

imag0572o.jpg

Beautiful Roadmaster indeed. 8)

Where did you obtain that solid looking seatpost clamp?

No blues here despite the 5F and 2ft of snow. I traded 6 flipable dumpster finds from the summer for a paint job on my latest project bike. My third KK stretch is being painted as I type. I hate painting! I switch over to leather work when I can't ride or wrench. Done some cuffs, collars and gun holsters so far. I'll have some new leather wrapped grips for sale in the spring. Fortunately I do everything in the basement.

bike2112 said:
Spincycle said:
No blues here despite the 5F and 2ft of snow. I traded 6 flipable dumpster finds from the summer for a paint job on my latest project bike. My third KK stretch is being painted as I type. I hate painting! I switch over to leather work when I can't ride or wrench. Done some cuffs, collars and gun holsters so far. I'll have some new leather wrapped grips for sale in the spring. Fortunately I do everything in the basement.

How about some pics. that sounds cool.

What did you want pics of?

Latest posts

Back