Winter Burrito Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I've got another week of "pneumonia sitting"

Yup, definitely too much free (keyboard) time on his hands. None the less, some very good and even informative stuff there.
Now, you feelin' better?

Thanks guys, Stretch posted all this early in the thread but I thought it should be bumped up so the new guys would have have an easy reference point in starting their builds. Many times I see bikes called Burritos just cause they are low, or stretched or hang out in front of Taco Bell waiting for their owners! :lol:

Good Luck to all who enter!

Ok My entry into this one "Goose Bumps" useing recycled junk.
S5002770.jpg

S5002769.jpg

Chainsaw said:
Anti, I like the overall look of your bike, but what's with all the bottom brackets? I'm not knocking it, just curious. Are you gonna use them as jackshafts or move the pedals up to the top one? Or?
Now you mention it, there does seem to be a couple of extra bottom brackets. I hadn't noticed before.
I think I'll line them with coconut matting so that they can be used as nesting boxes for antechina
[ See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antechinus#reproduction]
Chainsaw said:
I've got another week of "pneumonia sitting" and then watch out!
I look forward to it.
By the way her name is "the bag lady".

Sinner, them Health Riders have some great stuff on them! I've built at least three bikes using various parts from them machines. You've got the best version! You gonna use the shovel as a seat or do you have other plans for it? Looking forward to see this being used as something besides a clothes hanger! :lol:

putian90 said:
Just then, someone burst through from behind him. An arm flashed out and the bodyguard's arm was knocked up in the air.Christian Louboutin Christian Louboutin shoes

Cool, I've been looking for some thigh high stilleto style boots in a red color to wear while riding my bike thru the back streets of Detroit!

Delte as needed!

Chainsaw said:
Sinner, them Health Riders have some great stuff on them! I've built at least three bikes using various parts from them machines. You've got the best version! You gonna use the shovel as a seat or do you have other plans for it? Looking forward to see this being used as something besides a clothes hanger! :lol:

HAHAHAHA, We tossed ours after the shock started to leak oil, and for $8 bucks I got one back, and the shovel is the seat if I ever get around to really start it. Getin cold and dark real soon now....

It doesn't look like I'm gonna get the bike finished before new years. Two weeks after I sent my pics of my build I tried to shorten the bike a bit and made a mess of the frame. Two weekends ago I bought myself a gasless MIG welder, and rebuilt the frame. I've made a bit of progress on a few other bits like the carrier. It seems that almost every part of the rear end of the bike needs to be customised due to the odd angle of the rear triangle, had to remove some lugs, drill new holes for deraulliers etc. I picked up a fabuouls rusty old "family" bike on the rubbish with some rusty guards, faded gum walls etc. I'm also going to put some tapered forks. I haven't had a chance to take any pics yet.

Has any body else made any progress? Or am I the only one building something?

I'm still here Anti, We had our Freaker's Banquet yesterday. The last few weeks I've been making trophies and awards for the banquet and haven't had much time for anything else. I'm considering making this build off my Autorama bike. Prgress (hopefully) by this weekend!

I've got some FreakBike stickers for anyone who completes this build off! Lets get these bikes rolling!

Should this be set back 'til Feb or later? I didn't start this thread so please only take this as a suggestion. I just know that everyone seems to be lagging behind, for whatever reasons. I'll abide to what ever the deadline is.
Good luck guys!

So the beginning of Feb sounds good to me, but then so does March. I expect the bag lady to be built by the end of Jan.

hi guys , just checkin out the thread . sinner , that shovel would be toadally gnrarly dude .
i,m in a burrito buildoff on the FBN site , so i,m not going to enter here with the same bike .
i will post some pics here when it is done though . nothing like a good little winter project to keep the creative juices flowing . keep it fun .

I've been lurking/procrastinating for a few months now,....but my GF got me a MiG welder for christmas so now I have some new motivation to build my burrito. The downside is my outdoor workspace is filled with snow, so I won't be making any rapid progress anytime soon.

I will be building a burrito for the spring though......so count me in if only in intention.

ok, enough of this bs, who's building and when is the deadline?if i wasn't in between homes i'd finish this one :

ELGRANDECHOPPA006.jpg

as most of you know, these are my fav. as soon as i get into my new home and get my shop built, i'll finnish this one. i also have a couple more i need to finnish. have fun, build em low, long and sic.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Hey all,

I'm still beavering away on the bag lady. The frame is finished, and all the parts are acquired. I ended putting 12" ape hangers and taperred forks on her.
I'll throw a coat of paint on it tonight between work and other stuff. Still a few weeks away but aiming for end of Jan. I'll see if I can put a pic up in a few days.

Latest posts

Back