Winter Burrito Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a bike for next show season, and well....nothing is worth riding at a truck show aside from a Burrito. So, who wants in?

Deadline of ~November 30th? Is that long enough for everyone? I'm going to have a hard time finding parts, but I will figure that out.

I might give it a shot. I recently donated my 20" burrito to be raffled off at the Midwest Bicycle Fest so I am currently Burrito-less. :cry:

They are a blast to ride, I miss mine already.

Ive got plenty of scrap bikes, so yeah... Im in.

like i need another excuse to build a burrito. :lol: i should probably finish the one im building for my friend, and the past buildoff one i never finished. :roll: but i can proabably toss something together for fun.

there is no prize, though we can have it judged, so you can finish one thats started or start completely over. makes no difference to me!

im in school right now so progress may be a bit slow, but i will try my best. what is the ideal deadline for those involved? I have finals the first week of december, so if you want it aftre christmas that is perfectly fine with me. whats everyone else's opinion?

That is a cool Idea. I wanted to cut up my Cardio Glide and use the tubing as a frame, since the Burrito uses junk or scrap material. Then Terry can make us a Burrito head badge in the shape of the oval Schwinn Badges.

my problem is bikes, i can't find any...but i don't post on craigslist or anything either. i'll be going the conduit route i believe.

Granth said:
my problem is bikes, i can't find any...but i don't post on craigslist or anything either. i'll be going the conduit route i believe.
skip the conduit, gas pipe is a million times stronger(and only half a million times heavier :p ) that conduit will bend like a pretzel. and pick up a 70s girls schwinn, you know, those colligates n varsities. they work good. :D i have a frame/fork you can use, just pay shipping.

yup. i swear by it. 8) buy it by the 10 foot lengths, its like, 11 bucks. if you get the shorter stuff, it costs more. i do believe the size is 7/8" OD or somethin like that.

Don't know if I'll jump in or not.

Granth, if you go the black pipe route, most of the Home Depots will cut it into the lengths that you want when you buy it in the ten foot sections. Also most (at least around me) don't charge for the cutting. They only cut 90 degrees, no angles. So try to figure out what lengths you'll need and let them do it. It does save time and gives you good straight edges to start with.
Also the Home Depot guys will cut conduit if you ask nicely on the same pipe cutting machine ( in my area anyways). I'm 300 pounds and I've ridden sevral bikes made outta conduit. If you stay with 1 1/2 inch or bigger and don't get crazy with your riding, the conduit will hold up.
One other thing, let them know you're building a bike out of it. I've gotten scrap pieces up to two feet for free from our guys!

No matter what you use to build your frame, make sure your welds are strong! When in doubt use gussets.

I'll be watching this thread and who knows .......

so what has happened to the Burrito build off, you all still doing it or what?

Outlaw :(

Latest posts

Back