WINTER BUILD OFF PRIZE THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to get a prize deal going like we did for the MBBO. I'll throw my "CHERRY" Sports Special Brake Lever (DIA COMPE) in the prize bucket.
0110151943-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to get a prize deal going like we did for the MBBO. I'll throw my "CHERRY" Sports Special Brake Lever (DIA COMPE) in the prize bucket.
0110151943-1.jpg

Good start, are those actually made by Dia-Comp ? or knockoff ? I think I have some 'Cherry' brand calipers (not nos though), if I find em I could toss one in the pool.
(Always makes me smile to see Roadwarriors post, with the Levittown, reminds me of my second favorite musical artist, Tony Carey, who had a LP witht he Levittown name )( apologies for going off topic, like that never happens on RRB :) ...

Good start, are those actually made by Dia-Comp ? or knockoff ? I think I have some 'Cherry' brand calipers (not nos though), if I find em I could toss one in the pool.
(Always makes me smile to see Roadwarriors post, with the Levittown, reminds me of my second favorite musical artist, Tony Carey, who had a LP witht he Levittown name )( apologies for going off topic, like that never happens on RRB :) ...
So far as I know it's a real Dia-Compe lever. I've used these on a couple of my builds. Very nicely made. I believe this to be a NOS part. The newer levers are a little different. I can't find and info on Cherry International Inc., Columbus, Ohio. This is printed on the packaging. Cherry Int. is probably the distribution company in the US. Dia-Compe is made in Osaka, Japan.

I've got more squadron decals. So... the winner will get an assortment of U.S. Navy F/A-18 squadron "Zappers". Like this...

VFA-154_insignia.png
COOL! Man Cave decorations!

Last edited:
I would like to sponsor a prize. Calling it the Elementary Award for the a simple and elegant build. This will simply be a trophy! I will post a pic of the trophy after I get it mounted for display.

That's cool! Today is right at the halfway point. 45 days in 46 to go. I hope we get a few more cool things added to the pot. NOW GO BUILD SOMETHING!

I will add a prize, not sure what,something off ebay to do with bikes,will purchase and send the item direct.
Maybe best doodad or thingy ma jig on bike.
:39:

29 days to go! This is a small basket! What do you have to add? :thumbsup:

Your bike is finished, you've got piles of crusty old parts, do it...I'll make one, if you make one, " WBOtrophyBO" challenge, you game?

Hmmm. Ill do that. I'll build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back