WINTER BUILD-OFF 2015 VOTING THREAD.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for your favourite bikes!

• 1: X.L. Higgins by @deven_science

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • 2: Lightning by @SCHWINNRAY69

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • 3: Winter/Spring Marriage by @Missing Link

• 4: 1936 Elgin Bluebird Crustoration by @Double Nickle

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • 5: Fully Sprung Elgin by @SILVERKINGPC

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • 6: SUPER-SONIC. by @Big Ape

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • 7: Reasonable facsimile thereof by @us56456712

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 8: Girlfriends OBX Bike by @roadwarrior

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • 9: Slightly Dangerous by @horsefarmer

• 10: THE DECO BOMBER by @Rat Rod

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • 11: 1958 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet by @bebopblu

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • 12: A Roch by @Laurie Thom

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • 13: Psycho path racer 2 by @bleedingfingers

• 14: SGT. ROCK by @GuitarlCarl

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • 15: 1910 Indian Board Track by @Funkme

Votes: 51 47.7%
  • 16: Iday's bike by @Wildcat

• 17: Drag Rat "the Ugly Kid" by @barber

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • 18: SINISTER URGE by @texasbigjon

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • 19: Steadfast Tin Roller; Unleaded '49 Mercury by @Missing Link

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • 20: Bhuzzard by @The Renaissance Man

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • 21: Switch-a-roo by @gigmata

• 22: Barn Rod by @Psycho Sammi

• 23: The Plus Bike by @JustOne

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • 24: CAT BIKE by @roadwarrior

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • 25: THORN by @Walker

• 26: Iver The Terrible by @Schwinnspastic

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • 27: HALF FAST FLYER by @late for dinner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I cast my votes ..And now I'm gonna use those same #'s to buy a LOTTO ticket...!:eek::cool:

Thanks Steve for getting us out there in inter-web land. I would like to hear from all the 1st time builders about their experience and thoughts about this format. I will put my 2-cents in post-vote. It is important to hear from them in order to hear what encourages people to participate. Good job everyone! :praise:

Thanks Steve for getting us out there in inter-web land. I would like to hear from all the 1st time builders about their experience and thoughts about this format. I will put my 2-cents in post-vote. It is important to hear from them in order to hear what encourages people to participate. Good job everyone! :praise:
I have been building bikes for many years Just joined RRB recently .What got me into this build off was the anything goes does not limit my creativity the other is the thrill of competing against others around the world don't think anything should be changed. I had a great time watching everyones builds while working on my own and the bikes all turned out great love seeing what people in other countrys other than my own think is cool.

The poll is a preprogrammed feature of the forum and we don't have any control over how it displays or functions outside of listing the voting choices, how long it runs and how many options you can vote for.

Would be a nice feature though. :)

Big thanks to RatRod for the site,
and to Luke for the work on this build off.
Congratulations to Funkme for an AWESOME bike!

Thank you Carl. I could not have said it better.

Great job everybody! A deserving overall winner. I really enjoyed the competition as a 1st time participant because for me as a builder with 35 years of experience and an avid cyclist, the open format was perfect to show off my idea of a fast, technical, stripped, Rat Rider. It came up a bit short but that's cool too. Thanks for those who voted for it. This open format really does drive a variety of excellent entries, but it makes it hard to vote between apples and oranges. The vote results seem odd and accurate at the same time. In competitions, votes are important, but to keep people returning and new ones coming, there may have to be some eventual separation into two clear categories that people could choose to enter their creations in. Thinking out loud here.
Many thanks To Steve the head Rat, Lukester, and all of the participants. What a fantastic bunch of rats. :thumbsup:
Ride On. Pete-skpc

Awesome bikes, awesome build-off!

Here is the top 10 (11 really)

1: 1910 Indian Board Track by @Funkme
2: Bhuzzard by @The Renaissance Man
3:
THE DECO BOMBER by @Rat Rod
4: 1936 Elgin Bluebird Crustoration by @Double Nickle
5: SINISTER URGE by @texasbigjon
=6: Fully Sprung Elgin by @SILVERKINGPC
=6: Drag Rat "the Ugly Kid" by @barber
=8: SUPER-SONIC. by @Big Ape
=8: Psycho path racer 2 by @bleedingfingers
=8: Switch-a-roo by @gigmata
=8: THORN by @Walker

Really though, anyone who finished their bike is a winner, the winter build-off is not easy, with some builders battling sub-freezing temperatures, snow storms and power outages...

Congrats to all!

Luke.

Wow I'm in shock.I really am.
1. I want to thank Rat Rod(Steve) for a great site.With out it we couldn't have a great community of builders.:banana:
2. LukeTheJoker(Luke) for setting up the Muscle and Winter build-off's.With out them we would be sitting around the fireplace twiddlin our thumbs,where it warm.:113:
3.The Renaissance Man (Jim) for showing me the light-path to a more logic build.
Also for running neck & neck in the voting(at one point,I thought we would both roll in even) and then riding my rear tire all the way to the finish:thumbsup:.RM you left me eating your dust in the summer build-off.:grin: You will have me thinking and designing double time for BoTen.
4. To other fellow builders for advice and support along the way.
We are all winners!!!!:rockout:
5. Thank you to all who voted for the bike.

I entered this build-off to get this bike finished,and I did just that.I have surprised myself so much,that I still can't stop looking at the bike...I keep asking myself 'Now What'.

THANK YOU !!!

WAY TO GO MISS FUNK!!!
Well deserved win!
Not bad for a bike "Built by a Girrrrrrrrrrl." :):rockout::113:

Nice job on an awesome build Funkme, I guess I'll be shipping that trophy to Greece. Carl said it would be a pricey ship when I made it, he didn't know how right he was. Shoot me a PM with your info and I'll get this thing headed your way...sometime after payday.

Reasonable facsimile thereof by @us56456712
You have won a prize! PM me your info and it will be on the way! Congrats!:113:I PM'd you as well.
0110151943-1.jpg

Last edited:
RM,

I committed to building a second place trophy, I'll get on that and get it out to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll get you a list of parts that I need and you can make a trophy out of them. :21:

Some people don't understand the placement system I used, maybe this will help clarify it slightly:

Here is the top 10 (11 really)

1: 1910 Indian Board Track by @Funkme
2: Bhuzzard by @The Renaissance Man
3:
THE DECO BOMBER by @Rat Rod
4: 1936 Elgin Bluebird Crustoration by @Double Nickle
5: SINISTER URGE by @texasbigjon
=6and7: Fully Sprung Elgin by @SILVERKINGPC
=6and7: Drag Rat "the Ugly Kid" by @barber
=8-11: SUPER-SONIC. by @Big Ape
=8-11: Psycho path racer 2 by @bleedingfingers
=8-11: Switch-a-roo by @gigmata
=8-11: THORN by @Walker

6 and 7 were a tie, 8 through to 11 were also a tie... ;) I did some research for an earlier build-off where we had ties, and it seems this is the accepted way to do it.

Nice job on an awesome build Funkme, I guess I'll be shipping that trophy to Greece. Carl said it would be a pricey ship when I made it, he didn't know how right he was. Shoot me a PM with your info and I'll get this thing headed your way...sometime after payday.
Somehow we need to develop a way of making flat-pack trophy's... ;)
Sent you a pm...

Luke.

From Greece any thing sent in a envelope padded is cheaper than sending something in a box.It goes on weight mostly,but also shape.
I know from the usa I have had things shipped in a padded envelope like jeans etc,they work out cheaper than a parcel.Also first class is much cheaper than priority for small things.
For this years build off I will be making some prizes.Its worth it then to ship.

Congrats to The Renaissance Man for second place with Buzzard.
And also to Rat Rod for 3rd with deco Bomber.
Great bikes.
And to every other bike who finished.:41:

Latest posts

Back