Winchester

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USE AN ODD NUMBER. GREAT USE OF FOAM. I USED IT BEFORE FOR A TANK. NOW GTB!! PEACE

I'm thinking about putting Bondo over it but I don't know if it will melt the foam. how did you cover your foam tank when you did it thanks Ron.

I actually just used it made of Styrofoam. That's why i was intrigued by which one you used. Test a piece to see what it does first. Peace

Hey Dudes they make a resin that you can use on styrenes that will not eat them. there was a sculpture that carved out styrafoam then coated it, then painted it, not sure what he used!! also modern stuco is sprayed on styrafoam and remains flexable :D love the shotgun shell Idea should cook way cool!!!

Troy

thanks for the tips. I dug up a can of bondo that I had setting around the house a few years. I tried putting some bondo on the plastic type foam and it didn't seem to hurt it at all, so I put a thin coat over the tank. now i hope it hardens it is pretty old bondo. well it seems to be working a few more coats of bondo and alot of sanding and I will have a tank. heres a few pics. of the tank with a thin coat of bondo on it. I also took one of the winchester 12ga. shotgun shells and stuck it in the end of the handlebar. it made a nice handlebar plug.heres a pic.

well I think I have all the parts to build a bike. heres it is with most of the parts in place. now I need to get going on the body work and paint, times running out fast and I have so little time to work on it.

Nice steering dampener!

Latest posts

Back