Wife's bike "Little Judy"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got her a Huffy Cranbrook awhile ago and of course stock isn't going to cut it.It's going to be a simple build no frame mods or anything. Just changing out parts and the paint . Here's the bike stock with the much needed cup holder and horn.

100_9886.jpg

So far her twisted springer forks,apehangers,gooseneck and handlebar shims have been ordered and made it here as seen in the picture below.

cid_478.jpg

We're getting chrome fenders,chrome chaingaurd,new grips,seat,mirrors, and sprocket.Maybe a couple other things we'll see.
As far as paint the frame, rims, and the lower half of the chaingaurd is getting metalflake .008 .The chaingaurd is also getting the name Little Judy on it . Two of our bike club members are going to be putting on the paint and pinstriping. I'll be putting in the rest of the work. We're also playing around with the idea of making some plates to move to the rear wheel back and stuffing a 24x3 back there but we haven't made plans on it yet.I gave my wife the nickname " Big Booty Judy" so I wanted the bike to have one too! :p Anyway here's some paint teaser pictures.
sublimegreen.jpg

sublimegreen2.jpg

btw it's going to be all flake over a black base

Enjoy and I'll add more when it gets done ! Cheers guys and keep pumping them out !!

Re: Wife's bike "Little Judy" ON HOLD TILL SPRING

Wife's scared it'll get dinged up sitting around for winter as am I. Ever more with the paint job we have planned so it's a dust collector till then or I make a good place to store it. I got alot more parts for it in the mail also waiting =)

@ Chimichanga - That looks like the Trippin flake. Looks good man. We're going with the black base with nothing but flake and a bunch of clear. We was gonna go with the monster flake like a bass boat but we changed our minds on it lol .

More parts came. Chrome fenders, chrome chaingaurd and chain,sprocket. Still no progress yet besides the amount of dust =X . It's looking like Jan or Feb till I can get around to it again.

Welp we're excited we finally get to start on it :p !! Pictures coming soon along with a teaser of what's to come from one of mine. I still have my burrito on the back burner so I can get me something more cruise worthy rather than have a sore back after every ride lol ! Cheers guys and you'll be hearing from me soon !!!

Welp made more progress and decided on a different metal flake. Roth does offer a awesome flake but she picked a lightly different shade of green. Besides I got it for cheap! lol Got all the extra parts finally ( chrome chain, wheels, chaingaurd, fenders, sprocket, PAINT etc ). I'm at the point where it's tear down time and prep for paint. I can't wait to show you guys, it's going to be neck breaker ! It'll be a couple weeks for my painter to clear his plate and like always I'm busy as crap but it's getting done soon ! It's going to be a pearl sublime green with shamrock green metalflake scallops, white pinstriping, and a couple four leaf clovers ( head badge, fender ends, chaingaurd). Here's some photos , more coming soon !

20120415_174329.jpg

and the flake !

2012-07-11191725.jpg

Git 'er done! I can't wait to see how that looks. I'm totally into the rat rod look, but when I was a kid, I used to get books from the library on Barris's custom cars and I LOVE that kind of metalflake. Looking forward to seeing how that comes out.

Right on guys , thanks ! I can't wait either ,for the first time I get to have a decked out flaked and striped oldschool hotrod/lowrider style paint job. I love flaked out and kandy paint jobs as said like the oldschool lowriders like where they just went crazy on their roofs or the whole body. Actually the guy painting it is a forum member and my bike club prez " pullinlines ". Guy has killer skills ,hes's a pro oldschool painter pinstriper some of you may have seen some of his work he did on a build he posted here "LACY LUCILLE", ...... bike !

Here's Lacy
418333_2482513120982_1418282280_n.jpg

A dragster he striped
397965_1720077699076_1972710822_n.jpg

A helmet he got to go all out on ! Just effin sick !!!!
555410_1998046728128_1740694103_n.jpg

559390_1998047488147_1324042805_n.jpg

Welp after selling off some parts I bought I got replacements but it still isn't painted and not of the parts got put on yet. Waiting for winter to come along to finish it.... Updates to come then cheers ! Wait till you guys see what's to come from me this winter tho !!!! let's just say I'm doing a full blown custom coming this winter :mrgreen: Dueces !

Chips_Mahoy said:
I forgot to ask you yesterday, what did you do with the original Cranbrook wheels?

Sold them on here a couple days ago to another member

Can't wait to see this one done! My next build's gonna be for my wife. Thanks for the link to the paint, it's gonna be exactly what I need for her bike! :idea:

Latest posts

Back