WICKER BASKETS?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where i can find good sized quality wicker baskets for the front of my cruiser? Thanks in advance.

You can check on Wald's website and see what they have, check on Niagara Cycle's site and see what they stock. If you can figure out the mounting, you could go to World Imports or Pier One Imports or a similar store and find all manner of baskets that could be mounted.

With the Wald stuff, my local bike shop was able to get it in pretty fast at reasonable cost, even if they didn't stock it.

You might also try in Wal Mart's Housewares Dept. The bike baskets come disguised as wicker trashcans in various sizes and shapes...more adaptable to your specific need and significantly cheaper. All you need to do is add some leather straps to mount to your handlebars...scrap leather found in most craft stores and two buckles= cheap. :wink:

StepChld said:
You might also try in Wal Mart's Housewares Dept. The bike baskets come disguised as wicker trashcans in various sizes and shapes...more adaptable to your specific need and significantly cheaper. All you need to do is add some leather straps to mount to your handlebars...scrap leather found in most craft stores and two buckles= cheap. :wink:

you can also find leather straps at walmart. they too like to disguise themselves as cheap kids belts or pet collars. :lol:

icyuod2 said:
StepChld said:

you can also find leather straps at walmart. they too like to disguise themselves as cheap kids belts or pet collars. :lol:
D'oh! :lol:

pet collars are a great idea. i found 1 foot straps with buckles at a swap meet for a dollar. and now they do look like a big dog collar. i've just been waiting on that score for a flat back basket to mount. after hitting the local k-mart, wal-mart, and target, the cheapest i've found was 12 bucks. i know i'll find something in one of those buy out stores for half that.... big lots and the dollar stores. another good place to look would be the craft stores like michaels or a.c. moore. good luck on your search!

+1 on bikeworldusa.com They have handlebar baskets that look like they belong on a bike.

I intend to let the wife pick what she wants for the cruiser I'm building for her. Also let her check out the decals/stickers section. I think she will fall for some of the tropical flower stickers.

Thanks for all the advice, I found a really nice heavy wicker basket at ROSS for a good price :p and I mounted it with heavy duty zip ties that im going to wrap in brown leather string. It looks really good for the $9 I have in it! :eek: Beats the $40 basket my local bike shop has! I'll post pictures ASAP.

Latest posts

Back