Wicker and Bamboo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was over at my buddies shop called West Village Cycles and thought you would like to see a bicycle he was given. It is all covered in wicker and bamboo. Enjoy

IMG00016.jpg

I saw one of those on ebay a few months back. They were asking like $500 or something for it. The ultimate island cruiser. It looks like it should have one of those pink paper umbrellas and a slice of pineapple sticking out of it.

Cool bike. I've seen a similar example popping up on one of the Florida Craigslist sites over the last few months. The seller says it was brought over from Viet Nam, where it was customized with the covering. It's the perfect bike if you have a matching rattan living room set...

ha! cool! back in the 80's we were in an 'antique' shop in durango. they had an old 70's motobecane. somebody had wrapped that woodgrain tape all over the tubes, carefully cutting around the lugs. the tag said "old wooden bike- $350"........ :roll:

cool bike , very TIKI .... "you cant use it for a TIKI build off tho" it needs a hula girl on the front fender!

Latest posts

Back