Who's the oldest member ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok I guess I should jump in. My birthday is 7/21/49, so I will be 62 in a few days and I still play with bikes. Like XC204 I was treated for prostate cancer, had it removed at the end of Dec. , with robotic surgery. It slowed down my bike riding for a while but I'am back in the saddle again. :shock: All you young pups should take a listen to us old dogs. 8) Rember, you don't quit playing because you got old, you got old because you quit playing (riding, building bikes)

In His service
BTR

Gosh, when I joined I figured I'd be the oldest on here at 50. Feel like a young pup after reading this thread even if my body feels like it belongs to a fat old man.

I didn't reply to the thread at first because I thought I was not in the running, but at 72 ( I was born in 1938) I may throw my hat in the ring. I still enjoy my bikes as much as I used to, but I have noticed my rides are shorter than they used to be. Still having too much fun in retirement.
Tom

I've been curious about this for a while. I'm a young at heart 66 and a bit Grumpy at times. Bikes, family and gardens help keep me going. Think I saw a 72 listed so I'm a youngster I guess.

3/16/57 built my first bike in 2nd grade and it got stolen that same summer. Old western flyer flat black frame, high rise bars and a white polo solo seat, first stingray style bike on the block. this was from all the cast offs of all the big kids on my block.

I've been collecting parts to build a copy of this bike.

Is being older then dirt, qualify?

58 years of experience – and still riding a bicycle with the enthusiasm of the kid I was back in the 60’s on my Schwinn Stingray w/2-speed kick-back hub and springer!

The Bicycle: the ultimate anti-ageing agent

I'm 52, and enjoying my f/s bikes. I usually ride a min. of 5 miles everyday.
Kenny

Latest posts

Back