Who Did This?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's funny. He only owns that blue one. He'll take an order for red green or blue and then get it shipped free by Walmart to the buyer. :D

I recognize 2 photos from this forum but it looks like a bunch of random pictures ripped from the internet. Most likely someone just grabbing photos so they can post the ad.The key sign of this practice is the random array of beast bikes.

I asked him if it was the same Mongoose beast that Walmart will ship for 199.99. I'm waiting for his reply...

I asked the guy the same question if this is the Beast available for $199 from Walmart.com, here is his reply.
Dear raiderbreath,

I believe this is from the same manufacturer. They use several names, Rover, Beast, Crusher. They are suppose to come out with a new version in the coming months with multiple gears, but this is not the one.

Thanks,

- cmdel07
:shock:

My answer from him and I quote...
"Dear bigcam59,

could be, my customers don't shop at walmart or don't have one near by, but I am a personal shopper and sell my left over merchandise here. thanks for your concern, have a good day."
:?

"Shipping weight 46 pounds"

My Beast weighs 49 with the chain guard removed according to Feedback Sports scale. But I did add 5 psi to the tires before that weigh in.

Oh yeah, the 7th picture is mine. I don't bother to copy right most of my web photos so others are free to use them.

As to greedy? Don't forget the sales tax he probably pays where ever he or the buyer lives.

I hope no one is mad at this guy for doing this. BUYER BEWARE..so if there are popel out there that want it and willign to pay..i guess they are getting what they want. The reason i say this is look at the EBAY ad's that are on the right of the screen on the other page. I can honestly say it is QUITE a joke to see old rusty..oops..I mean petina coverd bikes going for $750 ..SERIOUSLY?? and no one thinks this is about 500 too much?? Probably spelled patina wrong..dotn really care. The point of the point is..at least with these bikes this guy is selling you are getting a new bike..not an old rusty bucket that needs another 500 into to look ridable..and then they arent ridable..they are too small. And people asking $200 for a schwinn seat???? :shock: so who is greedy??? it's not the fact of greed..it's the fact of stupidity that people spend this much on parts and bikes. And this isnt a new discussion..everytime i bring it up someones says they are willing to buy something at a high price if they want it ...SOOO??? whats the problem with this guy MAKING money if he can FLIP a bike as MANY of you do in here. I think some may be mad this guy thought of this first

the same guy that will sell it for that much will tell me my custom hand built Cruiser is only worth 75 to $100.oo !!!!!

mikeeebikey said:
the same guy that will sell it for that much will tell me my custom hand built Cruiser is only worth 75 to $100.oo !!!!!

and if you agree to sell it to him..who's to blame??? As Rat Rod said..free market is an amazing thing. 99.9% of the stuff i see on here for sale or on EBAY is 99.9% too high in price. BUt..all it takes is an anxious buyer and a motivated seller..together you have a deal. $1500 for a 1939 Cadillac bike?? $739 for a Grey Ghost??? NOT HARDLY. How about 100 for each....thats about the value..but some schmuck will pay the price because they JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT. And God bless America for it. I just wish i could find those guys..I have Ocean front property right here in Arizona baby

You will notice that it DIDN'T sell......zero bids. Given the chance, we'd all like to find something to sell with a profit margin like this, but it's disheartening to see when you know it's availible to anyone for far less with free shipping if they knew where to look.

The only way I can see that it would be worse is if the guy were selling a "super secret method of buying the next big thing in bicycling" collecting money for emailing a link to WalMart's webpage for this bike.

It reminds me of the times I stopped to ask if a vehicle that had been sitting for a long was for sale only to have it's owner say "sure, I'll sell it....how much ya gimme ?" Obviously they're hoping you'll offer more than it's worth. I hope I don't look that stupid.

MHF

motorhedfred said:
You will notice that it DIDN'T sell......zero bids. Given the chance, we'd all like to find something to sell with a profit margin like this, but it's disheartening to see when you know it's availible to anyone for far less with free shipping if they knew where to look.

The only way I can see that it would be worse is if the guy were selling a "super secret method of buying the next big thing in bicycling" collecting money for emailing a link to WalMart's webpage for this bike.

It reminds me of the times I stopped to ask if a vehicle that had been sitting for a long was for sale only to have it's owner say "sure, I'll sell it....how much ya gimme ?" Obviously they're hoping you'll offer more than it's worth. I hope I don't look that stupid.

MHF

PLease dont take this as arguing...BUT..im not really sure what in the world you are talking about??? You say we would all like to find something to sell with a profit margin like this??? This listing was 200 above the selling price at Walmart right??? Even if it were a thousand above the price at walmart...IF YOU DONT WANT TO BUY IT>>DONT. IF YOU FEEL OFFENDED ABOUT THE PRICE BECAUSE we are into Bikes and everyone feels the need to protect this hobby..then PLEASE look to the left over here..as i am writing this i see a bunch of ad's on Ebay. $1500 for a Cadillac bike?? $700 for a Mantaray?? $ 495 for a Schwinn corvette??? Now someone PLEASE explain to me the difference here. So it's ok to ask astronomical prices for old rusty junk..yet it's not ok to list a bike for 200 dollars over the normal price?? And if you look on this site in the for sale section..again..99% the stuff is WAAAAAAAAAAY over priced. And SO WHAT if it is. Most of is doesnt sell and it gets reduced. Thats because everyone wants MAX dollars for MINIMAL stuff. FREE MARKET i believe. Is a schwinn seat really worth 2 0r 3 hundred dollars??? Not in my world..but someone with way to much money and way to little sense will buy it..cuz they want it. And if the looked around im sure they could find one for less. So im still not sure why this ebay ad is so offensive to people. Unless the person is misrepresenting the product..i say ask 5000 for the bike and if you get it..list another one. GREED??? not hardly...greed is having the people in china build the bikes so Mongoose can make LOTS of money and the workers make none..instead of building it here. NO CORP AMERICA..that is greed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 1177189252 here is my point....$650??? How about 65 dollars??

Latest posts

Back