Which should I build?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the pleasurable dilemma of having 3 projects I want to do, but not sure which I should tackle for the MBBO. Originally I was going to restore the Aerobee, but it looks like someone else is entering one, so... maybe some variety in Class 1? Here are the choices:

1) 1970 AMF Aero Bee. This is going to be a straight restore, just how you see it, but returned to life.

FuSB82.jpg

2) 1969 Huffy Slingshot. This will be a variety of differently-sourced parts to join together to bring a derelict Rail back to life.

qy3dpd.jpg

3) 197? Sears Huffy... Mystery Machine. I picked this up off CL. It's a really pretty gold underneath the flat orange spray bomb, so I think I'll try to bring the gold back. If not, I'll pick a color and make it pop. Tall sissy, fenders, new sneakers, etc. All from different sources, but I'd really love to make it look like something, like a Huffy Cheater Slick, or something like that. I really wish I could find out what it was. All I know is that it's a Huffy made Sears bike.

13686487_10157159327990344_4619088046668469378_n.jpg

Hard choices! Just remember we have only 3 months this year not 4, so don't over extend yourself with too many builds!

All the bikes are cool, but that little Sears looks so forlorn next to the 2 other more flamboyant bikes that I would love to see it get the love it deserves... :)

Luke.

Was looking forward to seeing the Aero Bee but those will all be great bikes. Hard to go wrong with a Slingshot. I'm with Luke on the orphan bike getting some love too.

Sorry that's probably 0 help but if you're just doing one my pick would be the Aero Bee. It's got a cool style and it's less common.

Was looking forward to seeing the Aero Bee but those will all be great bikes. Hard to go wrong with a Slingshot. I'm with Luke on the orphan bike getting some love too.

Sorry that's probably 0 help but if you're just doing one my pick would be the Aero Bee. It's got a cool style and it's less common.
I just love them. I've been looking forward to building one for a long time.

I just love them. I've been looking forward to building one for a long time.
Sounds like the right choice then! AeroBee for the win! :thumbsup:

(Just promise me we will see that little Sears returned to it's former glory at some point!)

Luke.

Just do all 3...... I kid of course, I can't even see the Sears bike.
I like the sissy bar on the slingshot, but I think we've seen you redo one before.

I'd go with the Aero Bee, nothing wrong with a little competition. And you know you really want to do it.

I'm biased. I had an AMF identical. Purple with Silver Metallic Seat and white grips. My brother lost his front teeth on it when he went down an extremely steep hill. I ended up with the bike in 1978. He wrecked on it in 1970...the year I was born.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back