Which Nexus 3 washer on a pre-war frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
As the title says, I'm looking to install a Nexus 3 coast on a a pre-war frame with rear facing, slightly downward, dropouts.
I've read to use the green washers or file the tab off and just cinch the rear wheel good and tight....
Looking for experiential advice guys, thanks!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Forget those tabs. Grind them down and crank down the nuts. It won't move. That's what I did with my prewar Schwinn frame and a Nexus 7. Hasn't moved yet. Gary

OK, this is a different frame than the one I plan to use, but it looks like it would work, just flipped it 180 degrees from use on a forward facing dropout. This may be because the dropout is not truly horizontal, rather it sits at 4:00-5:00 o'clock. I guess we'll see with the actual frame.
167294c61cba6590752ca623e773b013.jpg

Stay tuned.....

on the bottom of that link, it says the 3 speeds only use one type of washer, on one side the belcrank can just be clocked to where it works. if I remember right, it just slips over a nut, so you should be able to pick between 6 locations. am I thinking of something different?

Latest posts

Back