Where's Ur Build Off Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just Wondering what you guy's have done with your Build Off Bikes? My little Bro was saying when he had the $ he wanted me to build him a bike. So I decided to give him mine for X-mas.
I had to change a few thing's.He's 6'4" so the seat and stem had to go up.I returned the quick-releses back to the frame so it can fold up to fit in his ride.(Geo Tracker) I also added the blue chain I was waiting on.Oh and a brake! :lol: :lol:
Emsbikes061.jpg

Emsbikes060.jpg

So I ask again-Where's your Build Off Bike :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
L8 EM

tikiharl said:
I ride mine every weekend. 8)
rrbofinalpics003.jpg

sure gotta rub it in. i hope you step on a hot rock and blow out a flip flop. i'm takin my vote back :wink: :lol:

Ride mine every weekend also, and converted the headlight to a 1Watt LED for night riding. Did a nice long pub crawl New Years Day at Mission/Pacific Beach boardwalk, also converted the front axle to quick release so I can stuff it in the rig.

rat5.jpg
IMG_0604.jpg

socal_jack, what kind of forks are they? i want a pair like that... big wide tube type on top that'll accomodate a fatty, but "regular" traditional dropouts, not those big monster ugly BMX/MTB type...

thanks!

--rick

The Rat Trap is out in the garage with the rest of the herd, and we ride it quite a bit. One of these days, hopefully soon, I'll start restoring the Webco Replica bmx bike that the wheels came off of, so they'll need to go back on the Webco. So that brings up the question- what do I put on the Rat Trap? Red painted steelies? Another type of mag? Help!

ratright.jpg

Mines sitting in the Garage, Freezing its Locknuts off, -5 here today? somthing close to it. That thing is getting redone this summer.

ol gramps has been going through a late life crisis.........keeps changing looks wise and been seen at a few bars with some 'Hooligans' but hes still been seen with the wife and kid rolling around on the nicer weekends :roll:
its been ridden quite abit and will be for a long time!
100_0464.jpg

ParkRNDL, Those forks are actually off of a late-model Schwinn cruiser, I think I got them for $5 or 8, had the newer fork darts on the side, they actually work very well on the bike, they handle real well.

The Diamond Frame Build-off bike is sitting about six feet behind me right now, and is lately the bike of quick choice for cruising the neighborhood at will. I took a long weekend around Christmas (started Dec 16, ended Jan 3.. not long enough though) and during that time, I gave it considerable use. It is comfortable, quiet and quick.... and lighter than a balooner! :lol:

There are others that also got some use.. I tried to give a little time to all of the rideables. Didn't do a lot of work to put anything else together, but certainly should have!
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

A quick shot of "Not So":

socal_jack said:
ParkRNDL, Those forks are actually off of a late-model Schwinn cruiser, I think I got them for $5 or 8, had the newer fork darts on the side, they actually work very well on the bike, they handle real well.

thanks! gotta keep my eyes open for them...

--rick

Latest posts

Back