When is the deadline for finishing?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

When is the deadline for finishing? I went to the artisans at WAAG Automotive to pick up some parts they coated for me. The yellow one would be cutting things rather close because it might need new spokes to accommodate the new hub for the back wheel. I have every nut and bolt for the blue klunker though.
82bfa9a4f165fdef37fd0e1e626b3e9d.jpg

The blue one: I call it Spinsane. It was original a Felt 1909. I still like the previous tank frames better but this looks pretty good.

55c72cfd93b56c26c89013e5d1dd08da.jpg

317325dedf7bb57c96d4c16518934421.jpg

The yellow one: I call it YELLow Belly.

It was originally...I don't recall what or if Norm said it was when I bought it from him. It is another Felt frame and here is a shocker: I will use Felt wheels and Felt forks on it. Hide your kids. Hide your wife.
1ec4602ea83b14901312c2de4b1977d0.jpg

a120581170ca65d7439f3db132c6bf84.jpg

- by Gigmata

There is a ton left to do. These are my backup wheels. My spokes haven't arrived yet for the ones I planned on using.

52902dc9649ace8d14f7951095b434a8.jpg

- by Gigmata

Last edited:
Glen, that countdown clock isn't correct. The deadline is Aug 2nd at 10pm CST ( which probably was meant to be CDT)

I just went to see if I could change it but no.

Anyhow, the build off rules say CST and the countdown sites only central time in the drop down list is "(GMT -06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)". I figure that's CST and not CDT, so it should be right... right o_O

If not, it's only an hour out :nod:

Glen.

User error on my part I was thinking it said 14 hours left and completely ignored the "1 day" above that. I was thinking it was 24 hrs off. Nevermind.

I'm confused about something, the voting is based on one photo right? But I see people submitting lots of photos on the finished bikes section. At what point do you pick your "money shot"?

I'm confused about something, the voting is based on one photo right? But I see people submitting lots of photos on the finished bikes section. At what point do you pick your "money shot"?

Ideally people will look at multiple pics from the Finished thread and even go to the build thread and a great deal of the builders and regular RRBers will do just that. However, there will be some people that only look at the finished bike gallery that only has one pic per bike in it. This gallery will be created by one of the RRBers or Mods, so to make it easier for them to get the pic that you want in that gallery, we always recommend that you put your best pic at the top of your finished thread. It's a pain for the person managing that gallery to have to deal with picture change requests.

Latest posts

Back