Whats My Seat???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought my 60's Firestone, it came with this seat here;

DSCN2353.jpg

DSCN2352.jpg

DSCN2351.jpg

DSCN2350.jpg

DSCN2348.jpg

I know that it says BROOKS, MADE IN ENGLAND etc. but is it the real deal?
The most important question to me right now though, is...
WHAT IS IT WORTH??? has anyone bought anything like it recently?
Thanks in advance for the time / answers...

If anybody is interested in the saddle, PM me with a fair offer and we'll make it happen...

I have (had) one exactly like this on the Phillips, the guy who I got it from threw it in 'for free' along with a seat post and a few other things.

IMG_1657.jpg

My heart skipped a beat when I saw it was a Brooks, but came back to earth after realizing it was about the same as a lot of generic saddles (like those by Schwinn, etc.). But in any case, it's cool to have a Brooks saddle none the less! I thought it was suprisingly comfortable to ride.

Ohhhh... Hahahaha...
:shock: :lol:
Fair enough... I did have really high expectations from it when I got it on my bike too! Thanks for all the info tho guys, this is a perfect example of why this site is the best!

-Brian

Brooks makes good seats. There was a period when it seems like almost every English bike came with a brooks. While the "mattress" seats may not bring as much money as a leather brooks yours looks like its in decent condition. There are a lot of people paying rip-off prices for junk leather brooks seats just because of the name.

Latest posts

Back