What Year Pierce?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this one on Craig's here in Sacramento. Did a little research and appears to be mid to late 30's or early 40's. Any input on this baby is appreciated. The badge on this bicycle is the Angola NY version which I have read is the Emblem Co. The earlier Buffalo NY version was George Pierce Co. Any idea what year the badges went from Buffalo NY to Angola NY? Check out the rear Morrow hub with the big gap between the spoke flange and the edge of the hub on the coaster brake side. Also might be an indication of the model year. It looks like the fenders were once chrome and a couple of picturers I looked at had a chrome fork and truss rods. What to do with this one? Try to preserve in original condition or give her a correct resto? How common is this bicycle? Hope everyone is good. Later
Pierce011.jpg
Pierce010.jpg
Pierce009.jpg
Pierce008.jpg
Pierce007.jpg
Pierce006.jpg
Pierce005.jpg
Pierce004.jpg
Pierce003.jpg
Pierce002.jpg
Pierce001.jpg
Pierce012.jpg

Re: Barn Find Pierce

That thing is awesome love the head badge. great find

Not worth much jest give it to me and i'll dispose of it for you :lol: But seriously great score Ray ! thats the coolest thing i've seen in a while .....Ralph

You can date it by the Morrow brake hub. It'll be stamped "Eclipse Machine co. and 36(spoke count) and the sprocket tooth count. And then there should be a two digit letter/number code. Letter A is 1931, and the number is 1-4 indicating the quarter of the year it's made. A4 would be the 4th quarter of 1931. I'd suspect that bike isn't newer than 1936, probably early 30s. -Adam

Latest posts

Back