Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just Kidding, not a Schwinn but no one was replying :rofl:

So this is pending arrival, but its been shook on., I Believe based on the fender brace in the back being Curved defines it as Snyder, from a little digging around on the Cabe., as well as the dropouts being flat instead of having the Stand Tangs., again, mentioned Via the Cabe from who knows what post HOW long ago,.

My questions are these.
-year if at all possible
-maker
-and who built the sprocket that doesnt look at all like Snyder OR CWC.

Note the removable Crossbrace bars and triple stack (Non Locking?) Forks.

[[As I understand, its paired with drop center wheels, and of course the long spring saddle]]
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Zombie
received_1081659961967088.jpeg

Last edited:
Montgomery Wards Hawthorne Zep, made by H.P.Snyder (Rollfast). I have no idea how to place an exact date on it, but I believe they were made in the 1930s.

Thanks Dior.
I read somewhere or a few somewheres the rear fender bracket being straight is CWC and curved is Snyder. I owned a Snyder prior in this style but it was only frame and forks where this one includes all but the tank and light.

The Sprocket I should know., having spent the last 3 years or so here and about as long surfing Cabe,.I saved a BUNCH of helpful diagrams specific to parts on various models, charts of hubs, saddles and sprockets a plenty. Still drawing a blank.

I Have seen five or six spoke similar on Snyders like tjis or close but none with the little cutouts near the center.

Latest posts

Back