What the .... ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually CRASH, the long laid out frame like that was used on a Huffy made Western Flyer sold Buzz Bike in 1971 or so. It had that weird raked front fork like that stock.

So I think that frame isn't messed with, even though the rest paint, sprocket, and the rest was!

Actually CRASH, the long laid out frame like that was used on a Huffy made Western Flyer sold Buzz Bike in 1971 or so. It had that weird raked front fork like that stock.

So I think that frame isn't messed with, even though the rest paint, sprocket, and the rest was!
Dude...
Thats butchered badly, by someone whu had no place welding... it cracked out the bondo, then someone opened up the can of worms and noped out of the repair.

Id guess coat hangers were used to braze it. Or attempt to more or less

Oh yes, the weld is broken, but the fork is raked like that originally.

Just like this one:

048610850dc3487dae2c15889712fa7d.jpg

I think it just needs a pair of my Rail tube caps, if you pick it up I'll kick in a pair for the restoration :113:

I can see some possibilities with this one, but only if I got it for $20.

Just like this one:

048610850dc3487dae2c15889712fa7d.jpg
You are always a source of education. I've never, in my life, seen a bike like this before. I thought they did a really hacked weld job on it.

I actually like this bike a lot! Now, if I could just find one that needs restoration....

Aside for the piss poor excuse for "work" done, I like it. It has an attitude that stands out more than the stock one(Sorry guys. I know you like nut & bolt stuff and no offense meant). Maybe I need to do a take on that that isn't a butcher job.....
I think i was having a knee jerk reaction from early jobs i took when i started... there is nothing i hate more than trying fix or repair a bad restoration or poor custom work... but man so many jobs that the owner was shure was just a skim and spray repair.
One year for paso robles, johny chop and i straight up mixxed 2 gallons of mud in 2 passes to fill a terrible chopped 59 cadi... dude did not want to pay to fix it so we did what he wanted to make it to show... oh he also didnt warn us they had been using armorall on the primer for years to give it a luster :eek::mad:...
Ive also basically set a vw on fire burning off bondo i was so upset and couldnt find metal with a stone wheel..
Custom is a game of cheating and who hides it best... somethings are supposed to remain hidden.

Sensor, im sure you or crash could and would build awsome examples... this one belongs in the scrap heap.

Sensor, im sure you or crash could and would build awsome examples... this one belongs in the scrap heap.
I don't know... The price is ridiculous, but the idiot inside me is now wondering... and this is Eagleeye's fault for showing me that bike... if I could talk the guy into a reasonable price, if I'd be able to (meaning my welding friends would be able to) fix the front of this bike, then restore it. I've never seen one, so I'm assuming they are pretty rare.

I don't know... The price is ridiculous, but the idiot inside me is now wondering... and this is Eagleeye's fault for showing me that bike... if I could talk the guy into a reasonable price, if I'd be able to (meaning my welding friends would be able to) fix the front of this bike, then restore it. I've never seen one, so I'm assuming they are pretty rare.
Dude no way... thats not a stock anything on ebay...
Its a very bad attempt to do a crash quality clone..
I had to go look again.. i agree the orange huffy is awsome, no question.
Check the neck lower tube.... its been slashed... badly, bublegum weld bugger dripoing about an inch back.. fork is same as the huffy i had help id recently... i think u can see the mud dripping out of the crown..
It has the same fender brake mount as well... the welds on mine are really impressive, clean well fitted for the most part...
That things as nicely welded as my cranbrook neck slash chop :21:..
Its loaded with bondo... they didnt even bother toss a bolt into the tubes where they are slashed.. they filled it with bondo... seat tube to top tubes and stays, yet an other macro of bondo...
Im sure your friends would rather help u replicate the bike with a fresh canidate...
That thing will cause projectiles at someones shop.
Looks like was brazed with a coat hanger and a plumber torch..
I have a clean girls that era if you really want build one..
Or maybe ill beat you to it:eek:

Latest posts

Back