What Looks Better On this Elgin Twin Bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just wondering what every ones opinion is on what looks better on this Elgin Twin bar. with Handle Bars or with this wheel I got off Swingbikedude on this site. Im still up in the air about it.
027-6.jpg

015-20.jpg

016-17.jpg

017-14.jpg

018-14.jpg

OK Nate..... I am one who tends to like to see a bike in that good a condition stay original.... BUT I must admit that the wheel looks pretty COOL!

BTW.... is your right crank bent a little, or is it just the angle of the pic?

TornadoDave2 said:
OK Nate..... I am one who tends to like to see a bike in that good a condition stay original.... BUT I must admit that the wheel looks pretty COOL!

BTW.... is your right crank bent a little, or is it just the angle of the pic?
The right pedal shaft is bent I must be over the weight limit for the pedal pushing 185pounds. :D

Nate: Awesome bike! Wheel does look cool, but personally I like it with the bars better. (really that bike would look good with any kind of steering mechanism) 8)

This bike is gorgeous both ways!
I think this is the first time I've seen a steering wheel on a bike that I would enjoy driving.
The white of the steering wheel matches so well with the other white parts. With the white steering wheel, I'd be tempted to use some type of white seat (IMO only). It would be super stylish!
On the other hand, if you want it more period correct, use the bars and black grips (and the black seat goes better then too)
Good Luck!

I too usually prefer bars, but this wheel looks so good on this bike, and most people who see you riding this bike probably wouldn't know it's not original. You need to put a steering knob on it. :D

Nate i think its nice both ways but like yoothgeye said most people wont know its not OG but i think it looks good both ways the wheel just adds something i think ..cool either way but i would rock the wheel...

:shock: :shock: THE wheel, it goes perfect, its creative , its different, It matches great and this isn't stockbikes.com...BE different 8)

I think I will leave the wheel on for now and take it to a couple of shows. I don't ride this bike much any way.

Latest posts

Back