what kinda riding?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just posting to see what kind of riding you guys do? daily? weekly? monthly? don't own a car?

what kind of events have you done on your bike? cruises? pub crawls? critical mass?

i'm a daily rider with no car.

i've done all of these, and have also done charity rides, poker runs, bike in movies, tallbike jousting, among other things.

here's a movie of some of the crazy kinda stuff me and my bike club friends are into.

this is an event in NYC every halloweentime called BIKE KILL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVEWMDLrZmw

that's some CRAZY video action.. :shock:

you kookie kids! :D

Most of my riding now is Cruisin..
I do ride with my kids at the Skate park..dirt jump track..and the BMX track...My half Pipe days aren't outa my blood yet! :mrgreen:

As of late..I'm Cruisin..as much as possible!

Kev.

let me explain the games in that video in case you wondered.

there's the 2 person tandem BLINDFOLDED pinata.

the bike toss.

"dirty mattress" where you have to ride over all those mattresses with people throwing crap at you, without falling off.

then there's the tallbike jousting.

kids?! im 29! :):):)

In addition to cruising the wife and I ride rails-to-trails and some mild mountain biking. Used to ride a lot harder stuff years ago.

Done some road riding in the past but didn't stick with that. During that period I also tried commuting to work by bike but that only lasted a few weeks. We live in a suburb so we rely on cars greatly.

I think we've ridden in 21 different states and Canada. Our goal is to ride in every state.
Here's a log of our adventures http://locojoe.com/bikeblog/categories/ ... Adventures

This is on an old railroad trestle on our way up to the other one in the background...
P0004806-1.jpg

Like Locojoe used to hammer the trails a while ago. I ride most every day to work and on the weekend to coffee or market. I try to rotate through the bikes cause I like them all in there own special way.

Between the bike jousting and a gravity downhill, some of you are crazy. Course when we were kids, we hooked the bugger(kiddie) trailer to our bike and hit a crazy ... jump with one of us in the trailer.

I'm an avid cruiser which I usually get with my friends after work and on the weekends and ride. Thats all for me. Try to ride every day when its nice that is. Troy

Riding in Calgary...

Cruzin downtown on the bike paths, checking out the rollerbladers and joggers (female) and calling it exercise would be my number 1 kind of riding.

We also have a small ski hill right in town that does the Downhill mountain bike thing.

In Calgary we are lucky to have a huge bike pathway system…as Calgary is a booming energy resources town with a sign on the outskirts saying ‘If you don’t know how to drive, please move to Calgary’… I don’t ride a lot on the road unless we are playing ‘Tuna cracker’

Calgary’s pathways:

http://www.calgary.ca/docgallery/BU/eng ... ys_map.pdf

‘Tuna Cracker’ (tune a cracker)

When bored myself and some of my buddies like to have a couple beers and ride around the neighbourhood on streets and up the alleys looking for crack heads breaking into elderly peoples homes and school them in the error of their ways. It’s kinda like neighbourhood watch. :mrgreen:

me me me

thats a skateboard grinding rail, that im riding my bike down, its about 3.5 inches wide. i also ride down hill and random trails (becon hill is my fav place to ride, its in spokane valley washington). and jumping stiar sets at the collage is fun to...

ridintheshotgun.jpg

I love cruising! i race with my buddys around town. I go garbage pickin ridin lol, off road. My fav is mud riding lol i love getting it caked with mud then completely cleaning it lol im weird like that. I wish i had a cam this 1 time me and derek went mudding on this construcktion site, i prob had 50 pounds of mud on this mountain bike haha.

Cruisin mostly. That and the occasional drunken-full-contact-trail riding I do with my bandmates. I cruise with my daughters alot too!!

Little of everything. Since it got above 30 degrees, I try to ride at least a couple miles weeknights and lots on weekends. Break out the older bikes on the weekends, or tear up and down the street on the BMX's after dark if I feel ancy before bed.

Tryin' to pedal off the last ten years.

My town is becoming very bike-friendly with trails, bike lanes, etc but nobody is on them.

:cry:

We do cruises, rails to trails, a little off road stuff and of course.... the manly sport of Pixie racing!
Years ago a friend of mine and I would do the 'Power Dump" tour( Our own personal rebellion against civilization). We'd head out for 3 to 4 days and only eat chili, pizzas and other foods that would give us gas and alot more, if you know what I mean. Usually washed it down with beer, preferably draft beer, real preferably Old Swilwaukee! We camped out and quickly found that zipping up the sleeping bags was very dangerous, although the gases usually help to put us to sleep faster. The trips to the outhouses were quite a challenge, but my favorite was the death races while riding from place to place in search of a public restroom! I once cleared out a small, badly ventilated restaurant just by opening the bathroom door a little longer than I needed to.

Man I miss those days. :cry: Oh well I still got the Pixie Racing and the Freak Bike cruises! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back