~?What Else Do You Collect ?~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, it's is my Mic collection, currently waiting for a Schure 55 (Elvis mic)

Bart

View attachment 18898

I've got a beauty! My last post in the military came with a desk, and half an office. The desk had an old mic from a PA system on it. System hadn't worked for decades, and they said it was ok to take the mic. Plugged it in at home, hoping it would be just the right amount of scratchy, but no, it's crystal clear. Not even the slightest noise when you hold the trigger to turn it on. I'll try to post up a pic.

I've got a beauty! My last post in the military came with a desk, and half an office. The desk had an old mic from a PA system on it. System hadn't worked for decades, and they said it was ok to take the mic. Plugged it in at home, hoping it would be just the right amount of scratchy, but no, it's crystal clear. Not even the slightest noise when you hold the trigger to turn it on. I'll try to post up a pic.
Would love to see it

Would love to see it

IMG_0323_zps16vgurbd.jpg

I still have a couple things left at my brother's place from my collection of tube amps and old loudspeakers. An Eico HF91 amp with Radio Shack (before Tandy) loudspeakers. I used to plug in a Bose wave player to it to get some great Hi-Fi sound. It made a good display for bike parts too.
coppertooth 007.JPG

Love old vinyl also I have a couple totes full
Myself ,been lookin for a decent turn table
To play them on for awhile, the one I have now is just not cuttin it.

I'm a nerd and a geek. I collect weird stuff.
> Old coins, American and foreign
> combat-grade swords
> antique knives
> crossbows (I happen to be pretty good with them, if I do say so.)
> ancient astronomical and time-related technology (an astrolabe, compass sundial, ring dial, universal ring dial, quadrant, sextant, pillar dial, pocket watches, keywind clocks, etc.)
> antique (and just plain old) bike parts, not to keep; mostly because I or someone who knows me will need them. I always need bike parts.
> Books.
> Cameras, film and digital, and photography stuff
> Pens, fountain and dip.

Not much rhyme or reason. Just stuff I think is cool.

What the heck,

Toy trains for starters. I had the largest collection of Marklin gauge 1 trains in the country 10 years ago and then got tired of them. Sold them all off and now collect MTH standard gauge and certain LGB. Also must have over 100 bicycle related t shirts from all the rides Ive done, at least another 100 railroad shirts from all the museums ive been to, and the funniest thing is refrigerator magnets. I collected them from all over. And now I have a nice stainless fridge. They are now in my garage covering the electrical panel, the water heater and my tool box. Oh, bicycle and railroad books too

Native American points/scrapers/hammer stones, etc.
firewood (5 full cords annually)
rocks/minerals
international orienteering maps, most from Scandinavia
boats (I only have 7 right now)
trailers (5 right now)
bicycles (only 30 now as I am giving away bikes for more room)
vintage motorcycles (I only have one now but I have owned many)
antique tools
antique skis/boots/poles
vintage cars and trucks from the 1920s to1950 (none now but I have owned more than I can remember and I am always looking for new ones)
Vintage tobacco and food tins
vintage post cards
vintage sew on travel patches
vintage beer coasters (over 50 years old)
vintage fishing lures and poles
antique and vintage photographs
vintage vynal recordings
vintage hunting cloths
stamps
coins/money
vintage wooden boxes
antique bottles
vintage duck decoys
vintage mountaineering books
used paper and plastic bags (these are pretty good; you never know when you might need one)
more junk but I can't remember all of it.

Hot Wheels.

I have signed pieces and some limited to 50 piece production stuff. Willing to trade for bike stuff btw if anyone's interested.....

I collect adventure too! Love trekking out to take pictures, a photog if you will. Sooooo fun!

Recently got into Car license plates lookin to trade for some others than California.

Latest posts

Back