What did you name your Bikes???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering if Im the only nut that names his bikes and cars... I know Ive seen a few others do it too.. I searched and found nothing on this subject so I thought it be cool to see who named what, what?!..lol.. and formally introduce them =D

Here are the four I've named so far..

The Cats Meow
TCM4.jpg

The Killer Diller
ESGO2.jpg

The Peterbilt "My buddy named this one due to the Dual Headlights he says resemble a diesel..lol.."
WP_002082copy.jpg

The Trolley Dodger "currently undergoing a facelift"
TheCruiserTank.jpg

GEDC3252.jpg

this is ellie..cause it weighs as much as an elephant.seemed a match.i normally dont name them but somehow this one needed a name

The FatBelly Bobber got it's name from the large downtube (a.k.a. 'belly' and it's owners physique :mrgreen: ). it's currently undergoing yet another version change. :roll:
DSCF3323.jpg

The Amsterback is a combo of it originally being a Diamondback MTB and the Electra Amsterdam Ballooner that served as inspiration. It's currently undergoing brake,cabling and crankset upgrades.
DSCF2537.jpg

The MuscleBeachChoppette, my daughter's bike and last year's Build-Off entry. Named because it a cross between a Muscle bike, a Beach Cruiser and a Chopper bike. Still need to come to a final kickstand decision on it.
DSCF3056.jpg

The latest build (in progress) is for my wife, the Tybee Siren, named after her favorite vacation spot and her love of mermaids.
No pics worth sharing, here's the build thread. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54046

Cheers,
Dr. T

Most of the bikes on here have build names.

Here is Fugsley (Folding Pugsley)

WP_001266.jpg

And my RRBBO6 entry Beer Run (100+ beer parts)

IMG_4784.jpg

When I was finishing up the Dyno build I was just going to call the bike "Red". But when I was out in the yard trying to get a good photo of the finished bike this guy came flying around, and was nice enough to land for me to get a picture:
DSCF0414%2520copy.jpg

The bright red frame- the wide wings and black trim- Just like:

PICT0007.JPG

And considering also how light and fast it is (compared to everything else in my stable) I call it the Dragonfly bike.
PICT0002.JPG

JWM

i think the naming for me came with posting them on the 'net. the only compleat one though is the "'hood cruiser". the rest are more working names for imcompleat projects, like the "sun king/hipster stretch" (a bike that will eventually be yellow and have a few "hipster-ish styling cues), "immaculate acceleration" (my g-bike i want to paint white) or "the u of l, school colors" bike (self explanitory).

they're all really just in my head names though. if you saw me on the street whatever bike i was on i'd just call "my bike".

This is TiKi Time Bomb. Currently in pieces in the garage having a make over. Should be back together in the coming week.

IMAG0331-1_28_2012-03-06_18-59-24_443.png

Oddly enough, the name is the first thing to be decided upon. The name pops into my head and the bike is built around the idea of what that name represents to me. See the sig. below for the names. :wink:

expjawa said:
Here are mine (or at least what's serviceable at the moment)...

Zaphod:
Photo03171832_2.jpg

Ack! The railroader in me is screaming for you to get poor Zaphod off of the tracks! Its dangerous, and you can't use them to get to Magrathea anyway...

ruddigger said:
Ack! The railroader in me is screaming for you to get poor Zaphod off of the tracks! Its dangerous, and you can't use them to get to Magrathea anyway...

Fear not, it's not nearly as dangerous as, say, a trip to the Frogstar. It's an abondoned siding that crosses a bike path near my house. Besides, why would you really want to go to Magrathea, save to get an early reservation at Milliways?

I used to call my fav of the moment Sreet corner girl. but everyone would ask is I was a pimp or
in love with a street walker. I would just say no led zeppelin. Most dont get it ..so I just stopped
using it.. but somewhere out there is a 62 double cab with it painted on the rocker

Latest posts

Back