We've all won

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Firstly, huge thanks to Steve for running a fantastic site and to all the moderators who spend their precious time, umm moderating. I wanted to share some thoughts I've had over the last few days...

The 10th build off has finished with a winner soon to be crowned. While I wouldn't kick a podium place out of bed I'm so happy with the end result I feel like I've already won and no doubt that many of you feel the same way. Completing a bike build that's done under a deadline with worldwide competition is no easy feat. It takes a lot of time. And it's not just the building either but the documenting, posting pics, responding to comments, commenting on others threads and doing all of these things on multiple websites. While social media takes a lot of time, we wouldn't be able to have these build offs without it. The irony of course is we are passionate about very old bicycles yet we embrace modern tech to be able to share our love of them with others in a growing community thereby increasing the enjoyment for all. Fantastic!

This build off has forced me to challenge the way I build a bike, thinking outside the box and trying to do something that hasn't been done before. This is the greatest prize any builder could hope for.

Cheers everyone who entered and who finished

You nailed it describing how unique and rewarding the Build Off experience is.

Latest posts

Back