Westfield Wasteland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankie approves!

Did I post this pic yet?
3e2f917a8af620444dc7f8f48b9059e9.jpg

Go dude!

Carl.

man that bikes insane in a good way i love everything about it my favorite has to be the front end i just flipped the rockers on my rattrap on my space liner and the question arises is does your front wheel feel like its going to pull when you turn? i noticed a very slight pulling when i turn and was wondering if something is wrong or is that normal nonetheless i love this build it all comes together nicely

...i just flipped the rockers on my rattrap on my space liner and the question arises is does your front wheel feel like its going to pull when you turn? i noticed a very slight pulling when i turn and was wondering if something is wrong or is that normal
Yes, that is to be expected because it changes the geometry of the fork creating less trail. My experience with flipping rat trap rockers was that it was more than 'very slight'! It's all part of the price for being cool!:cool2:

Yes, that is to be expected because it changes the geometry of the fork creating less trail. My experience with flipping rat trap rockers was that it was more than 'very slight'! It's all part of the price for being cool!:cool2:
right on i love the look and am ok with the difference in the steering and handling i was just curious if there is something i needed to do or if that was normal it does seem to only be the worse when i am cornering on an incline but when im going straight it cruises nicely

right on i love the look and am ok with the difference in the steering and handling i was just curious if there is something i needed to do or if that was normal it does seem to only be the worse when i am cornering on an incline but when im going straight it cruises nicely
Yeah I always think of the chopper feel some bikes have, and this one is a little elbowie but not bad here. I suppose that I'm used to it. I also have bars with about 4 inches added to the length (under the grips) and while not really "tiller" bars I do think they help counter the odd feel.

Carl.

is it wrong that fat bottom girls popped into my head?
I know it's a bike, but it's got shape.
Haha, that's a good one!
That fat back, skinny front, looks better every time I see it!
Awesome ride!
Building..... Riding.....
I've caught myself just looking at it in my garage...
Maybe it's that song Falstaff quoted...

Carl.

That barefoot kickstand is awesome! I had the thought to do one a while back but didn't think I could do it justice, you certainly have Carl! LOVE IT!
:praise:
Thanks bro. I've missed hearing from you, I hope your wife is doing better. I have a few more shapes in mind. I'll be doing a heart for my lady friends bike.

Carl.

If this is the only price I ever pay for trying to be cool, I'll be happy.

Carl. :crazy:

I never get tired of seeing RRBers Build Off bikes on the road!!!

I never get tired of seeing RRBers Build Off bikes on the road!!!
Thanks KF. I can't see building something I can't or don't ride. I know some of my builds have lost points on photos because I RODE to where the photo was taken and I didn't lower the seat and flip the bars down.
But I won't build a scraper or a trailer queen.
I gotta ride my builds!

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back