Westfield Wasteland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's addition is an awesome @slowriderz seat post
9eb093958794071f3e90847327b70371.jpg
1e00ee8bdb6f4afea6bc15c7927a000f.jpg

Up is my comfy height for riding...
I know better than to leave it there for showing though. Folks like to see it low, like we got no legs...[emoji88]

Carl.

Last edited:
I've really liked every single mock-up / test fit you've done so far on this. The additional parts you're in the process of assembling are going to take it over the top.
Thanks! I think these and similar style frames make great rats and you've got to try pretty hard to mess it up. But matching patinas and keeping to a color scheme goes a long way.

Carl.

How about some barbwire parade bars?

A row of brass...
KIMG0881.JPG
KIMG0882.JPG

I like these skully grips but I'm not sure if I'll keep the inner rings
KIMG0889.JPG

Now it's starting to look right to me...
KIMG0887.JPG

My 57mm rim showed up today, the mate to the tire on the back now, CST 26 x 2.4, fills it out nicely. Now the take the rear wheel apart and lace that hub to my new rim...

Carl.

NICE! I like the mix of parts. As far as seats: "Low" for show...."High" to fly. What everyone forgets, all the bikes we work on, the frames were made for 12 year olds!

NICE! I like the mix of parts. As far as seats: "Low" for show...."High" to fly. What everyone forgets, all the bikes we work on, the frames were made for 12 year olds!
Thank you! Maybe someday I'll go for the refurbish/restore look... but for now it's a Rat that I'll ride. Check out how well the tire fills out and adds a bit of width to the setup. These are the same tires, with a skinny rim on the bike next to my new rim. Note there's plenty of clearance on the frame too.
KIMG0893.JPG
KIMG0894.JPG
KIMG0896.JPG

Carl.

Look'in sharp !! :cool2:

index.php

This is classic Carl. Always with those little touches that are so simple and add so much, and I NEVER think of doing them. Scratch that, I do think of doing them, then I do other stuff, and forget that I was thinking of things like this that I was thinking of...ummm...nevermind.:doh: I forgot where I was going there

One thing I always admire about your builds, besides the far out concepts at times..are the little touches of class (or brass) sprinkled in here and there.
Love this one.
:thumbsup:
F.

index.php

This is classic Carl. Always with those little touches that are so simple and add so much, and I NEVER think of doing them. Scratch that, I do think of doing them, then I do other stuff, and forget that I was thinking of things like this that I was thinking of...ummm...nevermind.:doh: I forgot where I was going there

One thing I always admire about your builds, besides the far out concepts at times..are the little touches of class (or brass) sprinkled in here and there.
Love this one.
:thumbsup:
F.
Thank you! Hand drilled with a pin vise, those are old round brass upholstery tacks... I have a coffee can full and I use them on steampunk guitars a lot, rarely on bikes but...

Carl.

Carl, I don't know you. But my eyes are filling up with tears of PRIDE for you. Keep on keeping on.

If you're going to borrow a great idea do it soon so you don't forget... @Scribble put some slick reflectors on the grips of his MultiColorflo. Awesome and retro. So I have these soft Skully grips... 4 washers and 2 drawer pulls later...
cab89a1a399097256b9e85012750acf9.jpg
9924ad9cea06659c1d2a1a08f1bb4fe1.jpg
61e2e9946611c0b29b70f3ec2935135c.jpg

Glass skulls...
Carl.

If you're going to borrow a great idea do it soon so you don't forget... @Scribble put some slick reflectors on the grips of his MultiColorflo. Awesome and retro. So I have these soft Skully grips... 4 washers and 2 drawer pulls later...
cab89a1a399097256b9e85012750acf9.jpg
9924ad9cea06659c1d2a1a08f1bb4fe1.jpg
61e2e9946611c0b29b70f3ec2935135c.jpg

Glass skulls...
Carl.
I hope you don't go 'cracking any skulls' ...if you know what I mean!
I'm lucky too in that I am an 'old dad', first son born when I was 33, second at 36. I had put some of the wild times behind me by then. Of course, they still think I'm a bit off; but that goes without saying! I'm on this site, aren't I?
:rolleyes::rofl:

Diet Coke? Yuk! I never drank :eek: diet beer,
and I don't drink diet soda pops...:confused:

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back