Westfield Wasteland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a fun build to follow. I like where you're going with it. Where does one find a seat clamp to fit that style seat post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a box of old bits and pieces.., things just show up. Check out this clamp.
bf4d175dd7bf15cb81035254da3acefd.jpg

f3d8c5cf8de092aa89a183a4abedfbd1.jpg

The shims have a side like someone welded washers to them, that the seat bolt goes thru, so they can't fall out.

Carl.

Last edited:
This is a fun build to follow...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I do try to entertain...
But then there's the bike. I still really don't have a solid vision quite yet of what I want this bike to be. My original idea was to build the classic dragster, but that's not original at all. Many have been done here, and done well. So I keep throwing parts at this thing. I can see this stripped and shiny too, but I won't do that either, the original paint is pretty cool (although I may touch up the cream graphic)(and I already have a bare metal cruiser, Little Neutrino) So I'm going post apocalyptic, but don't just call it a MadMax build, I'm thinking of Tank Girl and Cherry 2000. I've some idea of how I want to run the fender/windbreakers and some fun ideas about the brackets for them. The courier/smuggler idea has also got me thinking about my tank... and I haven't forgotten about the inflatable rubber version...

Guitarl.

Just needs a rattrap springer.
Ah...no. That's stayin' on my Westfield. Mousetrap is just a few bits I had in the garage attic. A diversion for a moment while I scare up some parts for Wasteland.

Carl.

Got my seatpost coming from @slowriderz
and my rear rim, 57mm, from California
started fabricating brackets in my head
hope to get them done in reality soon.

Carl.

I know you all want to see some progress but there just isn't any. Oh, I've been scrounging parts and I'm hoping to use some cool bits from one of the Nishikis. But nothin' solid yet and tires are another struggle. Cruiser tires in cream no problem. Skinny cream tires stateside that aren't those ugly Schwalbes? No.

Carl.

Thanks. Now I need a 700 rim...:21:
I wonder if they have anything 26 or 27?
Guess I'll go see...

Carl.

Tinker time. I'm still waiting on my rim to show up from California. But I am working on my drivetrain. Actually it's a transplant from Dead Metal, my Klunker Buildoff bike.
DSC00840.JPG

It was a cool bike ^ but we never bonded...
KIMG0870.JPG

nice Bendix kickback hub
KIMG0871.JPG

BB Conversion
KIMG0873.JPG

Kyokuto pedals from one of the Nishikis

So even while waiting for parts (come on seat post) I did get some things done. As far as the drive train, well I will still have to pull the rear hub out to lace into the 57 mm rim I'm waiting for and I may end up thrifty and run some rubber I have on hand. I've got a few sets of handlebars, I doubt I'll be using the dropbars even though the Benotto tape is cool, it'll probably end up on one of the Nishikis. Seatpost and stance is going to decide which bars I use.

Carl.

Looks perfect to me. Got enough clearance between the front tire and the fork crown?
Thank you. There's better than 3/4 of an inch, plenty of room, and the flipped rockers don't move as much as when they are in the correct position (and they don't move much there...) riding it around hasn't proven me wrong yet.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back