Westfield Wasteland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming together nice bro , can never count you out . When was the last time you missed any build off . You alway got it going on you rock [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super awesome stance on this build so far :thumbsup:

Today we're rocking the Brooks saddle, had to throw some drop bars on...wanna race?
371c18b82c08b96416e76a1e5ffc9630.jpg

[emoji450] Carl.

Last edited:
With the low bars it looks like a Columbia crotch rocket. Nice!

Some may have noticed the change from Columbia Dragster to Westfield Dragster. Westfield mfg. didn't change their name to Columbia til 61' and my bike is a 44' by serial number, even if we can't read the big square rusty headbadge. So regardless of badge, it's Westfield built, as some have noted elsewhere.

Carl.

Last edited:
I live 2 miles from the city of Westfield. I say when your done building it, you send it back home.......to ME!

I wonder if the old factory is still there. Maybe abandoned years ago with old frames and parts inside free for the taking.

I wonder if the old factory is still there. Maybe abandoned years ago with old frames and parts inside free for the taking.
Go to the Mr.Columbia website for a wealth of information. Sadly the buildings are gone now.

Carl.

Ditched the Brooks it's going on my touring bike... flipped a seat post and mounted an cnc springer seat, it's comfy. Cruised by a fav place for photos.

ccb06cc944da825dba3ffa84d81d07d5.jpg

22a86595d74290fec183fc1e22a1b9d5.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
Go to the Mr.Columbia website for a wealth of information. Sadly the buildings are gone now.

Carl.

Don't remind me. This area was home to Columbia Manufacturing, Indian Motorcycle, Duryea Automobiles (first autos in US), Gee Bee Racing Aircraft, Fisk Tire and Rubber Co (Uniroyal), Steven Arms, Spalding, Piels Brewery, Springfield Armory. I could keep going and going. There ALL gone, except Spalding has a small operation making Top Flite golf balls. Growing up in this area, unemployment was unheard of. We still have S&W and Savage Arms (funny MA has the most stringent fire arm laws, go figure).
We now have the Basketball Hall of Fame, and the Volleyball Hall of Fame :rolleyes:.
Not quite the same as it used to be.

Being born in MA, I made it a point to make sure I built up a Westfield Columbia, and I think they are my favorite vintage bicycle. Not sure how, but I lucked out and the one I owned years ago without much thought as to what it was turned out to be a '56, same year my mom was born, and it came back into my possesion last year after I spent a year back home taking care of my mom before she passed. Rebuilt it as a tribute to her last season and still working on it, but I love it! Cannot wait to see yours finished!

keep the rubber side down!

She's looking lean and mean!
Yeah NeoRacer isn't what I originally thought of, but it was fun riding it today. I've yet to order my rear rim. So I'm cruisin' the kickback hub with the rim that's on it.

Carl.

Neoracer...murmurings of a theme.
Crossing the wastelands, a courier, a smuggler.
An atomic punk built on a frame from the distant past.

Guitarl.

It's lonely in the Wasteland with nobody to talk to.
So I did a little more virtual mockage.
Windbreakers and a tank.
I need a bigger bent seatpost.
neoracer2.jpg

Carl. :eek:

Last edited:
This is a fun build to follow. I like where you're going with it. Where does one find a seat clamp to fit that style seat post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back