• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Western Flyer wheelie buzz bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:happy:
image.jpeg
How do I straighten the photo? Anyway grandma died in Charlotte NC and this was in the barn. Offers? The frame and forks are straight . Would prefer it be picked up for cash.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    587.6 KB · Views: 383
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 337
Great bike! I think that is the AMF version of the bike, called a Skeeter 2+1. Those were the red color, the Western Flyer version was blue.

Please read the rules before posting or Moderatores will delete your post .:crazy2:

~ Rafael ~
Sorry about that. It is a little hard navigating this site with my phone. I'm guessing that maybe I should post a price? I'm not really clear as to the value of the bike. Would anyone care to be so kind as to suggest the price I might use?

The rules are there just to make things work smoother for everyone. Yes you do have to state your price in this 'For Sale' section. I would suggest that you start a new thread HERE to try to find out what you can about the bike and its value first and then post it for sale after you decide what you think its worth to you.
No one's trying to push you around, but you do need to post in the proper sections to get the best results.:forum:

Ok this bike is temporarily NOT for sale until I get some help on the other thread about what a fair price will be.

I don't have a price yet I have a thread going on the valuation page in which I am attempting to get an accurate appraisal.

The bike is now for sale: 500.00 please read this:

Highly educational thread thank you so much for sharing that. I love the clear coat over patina. It is exactly (minus the clear coat) how musical instruments are left alone.
So lots of learning here, this is a summary if I understand what is going on please chime in if I missed something. This is a bike that sort of has some collector value but isn't "A" list for most people. However there is a small subset who have a deep appreciation for them ,kind of like dobros in the guitar collector community (which I play). This bike may or may not have condition issues but the only person who will learn of those challenges will be the person who buys the bike and starts restoring it. I will definitely not have anyone attempt to clean it. If I sell and ship the bike (either here or on eBay) there is a risk of someone noticing something that I didn't and returning it. 500 seems to be a very fair (and to many actually over generous) price. I just realized that I need to have a family a family member look for the serial number.
In writing this I have found some clarity and am now putting a price of 500 cash to be paid in person. My in laws will be driving from North Carolina to Maine via Harrisburg PA or the NY State Thruway depending on whether they can meet someone to sell the bike along the way in a couple of weeks. I am going to repost this on the for sale thread.

"Highly educational thread thank you so much for sharing that."

I don't see the thread. I'd like to read it.

Oops they don't have room in the car. Cash deal next to Charlotte NC for now unless I can convince my father-in-law to pack it for shipping

I had done several hours of research before I went on rat rod and saw some previous sales. Having been buying and selling instruments for 30 years I always do my homework. I could have sold 10 of them for 100 bucks each here though

i hope Jaxon finds a friend to pick it up for him. The fact that my father in law hasn't answered when I asked him if he would take it apart for shipping is pretty much an answer

Latest posts

Back