Western Flyer wheelie buzz bike

Discussion in 'FOR SALE' started by Easytodealwith, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

:happy: image.jpeg How do I straighten the photo? Anyway grandma died in Charlotte NC and this was in the barn. Offers? The frame and forks are straight . Would prefer it be picked up for cash.

Attached Files:

RustyGold likes this.
  2. rfeagleye

rfeagleye

Great bike! I think that is the AMF version of the bike, called a Skeeter 2+1. Those were the red color, the Western Flyer version was blue.

Easytodealwith likes this.
  3. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT

Please read the rules before posting or Moderatores will delete your post .:crazy2:

~ Rafael ~

Easytodealwith and deorman like this.
  4. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

Sorry about that. It is a little hard navigating this site with my phone. I'm guessing that maybe I should post a price? I'm not really clear as to the value of the bike. Would anyone care to be so kind as to suggest the price I might use?

5. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)

The rules are there just to make things work smoother for everyone. Yes you do have to state your price in this 'For Sale' section. I would suggest that you start a new thread HERE to try to find out what you can about the bike and its value first and then post it for sale after you decide what you think its worth to you.
    No one's trying to push you around, but you do need to post in the proper sections to get the best results.:forum:

6. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

Ok this bike is temporarily NOT for sale until I get some help on the other thread about what a fair price will be.

7. Jaxon

Jaxon

Some Skeeter catalog info.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

Thank you. Please check my trades thread too.

QUOTE="Jaxon, post: 971928, member: 9092"]Some Skeeter catalog info.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

9. jrcarz

jrcarz

I am interested. Please P.M. me with price.
    Thanks

10. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

I don't have a price yet I have a thread going on the valuation page in which I am attempting to get an accurate appraisal.

11. jrcarz

jrcarz

OK call me at 847-401-1332

12. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

The bike is now for sale: 500.00 please read this:

Highly educational thread thank you so much for sharing that. I love the clear coat over patina. It is exactly (minus the clear coat) how musical instruments are left alone.
    So lots of learning here, this is a summary if I understand what is going on please chime in if I missed something. This is a bike that sort of has some collector value but isn't "A" list for most people. However there is a small subset who have a deep appreciation for them ,kind of like dobros in the guitar collector community (which I play). This bike may or may not have condition issues but the only person who will learn of those challenges will be the person who buys the bike and starts restoring it. I will definitely not have anyone attempt to clean it. If I sell and ship the bike (either here or on eBay) there is a risk of someone noticing something that I didn't and returning it. 500 seems to be a very fair (and to many actually over generous) price. I just realized that I need to have a family a family member look for the serial number.
    In writing this I have found some clarity and am now putting a price of 500 cash to be paid in person. My in laws will be driving from North Carolina to Maine via Harrisburg PA or the NY State Thruway depending on whether they can meet someone to sell the bike along the way in a couple of weeks. I am going to repost this on the for sale thread.

13. Wildcat

Wildcat

"Highly educational thread thank you so much for sharing that."

I don't see the thread. I'd like to read it.

14. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

It was the valuation thread under AMF Skeeter

15. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

I'm giving first dibs to the guy who offered 500.00 if he can meet my in laws for a cash sale

16. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

Oops they don't have room in the car. Cash deal next to Charlotte NC for now unless I can convince my father-in-law to pack it for shipping

17. thebigorangecat

thebigorangecat

Seems you would have let it go for $50 till you found it had some value, now $500 :cry: sad.

18. Jaxon

Jaxon

I was one of the first people to message him about the bike in private. I told him what I sold the last 2 wheelie bikes I had for. He was well aware of the value of it as I offered him 500 plus shipping on it then.

19. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

I had done several hours of research before I went on rat rod and saw some previous sales. Having been buying and selling instruments for 30 years I always do my homework. I could have sold 10 of them for 100 bucks each here though

20. Easytodealwith

Easytodealwith

i hope Jaxon finds a friend to pick it up for him. The fact that my father in law hasn't answered when I asked him if he would take it apart for shipping is pretty much an answer