Weinmann rear brake adapter alternate option

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I've been searching for Weinmann rear brake adapter for far too long. Went to swap meets, searched eBay ant the rest of the internet daily for over a year. I decided to make my own and you can too. I used a rod clevis (Numatics Actuator part number M127004. Thread bore was larger than I wanted, had to open fender mount hole slightly). I don't have access to a machine shop, so, I used a 1/2" dia rotary file to contour the threaded and. You'll probably need to clean the threads afterwards. The bike I built had fenders. I removed the original mount and match drilled a hole through the brace. Once the clevis was secured to the bike (I used a wide washer inside the fender to spread the load). I then drilled, step drilled to be exact, through the clevis to mount the brake assembly. Final size is 1/4". It works great.
KIMG0499.JPG
KIMG0499.JPG
KIMG0501.JPG
KIMG0502.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG0503.JPG
    KIMG0503.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 321
  • KIMG0504.JPG
    KIMG0504.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 316
Well thank you for posting this.

I am new to the Forum and building my 1st Schwinn OG BMX Cruiser and this was literally one of the the reasons i joined as i would like to add a Rear BMX Style Hand Brake.

I saw the Weinmann option but realized quickly it was prob going to be pain to find one.

I do some fabrication and had an idea for a mount, but honestly this looks way simpler.

Again, thx for sharing and listing the Part #!

** Here's the Link to Amazon for the "Rod Clevis"
https://www.amazon.com/Numatics-M127004-Clevis-Pivot-Inch/dp/B01E9JQDYY

Last edited:
Well thank you for posting this.

I am new to the Forum and building my 1st Schwinn OG BMX Cruiser and this was literally one of the the reasons i joined as i would like to add a Rear BMX Style Hand Brake.

I saw the Weinmann option but realized quickly it was prob going to be pain to find one.

I do some fabrication and had an idea for a mount, but honestly this looks way simpler.

Again, thx for sharing and listing the Part #!

** Here's the Link to Amazon for the "Rod Clevis"
https://www.amazon.com/Numatics-M127004-Clevis-Pivot-Inch/dp/B01E9JQDYY

Really glad this might help you out!! I found this site in my search for that part. A LOT of great people, bikes, and inspiration here!! I tried to trim one clevis really short, hoping to keep it barely larger than the OG Weinmann part, but, there weren't enough threads left to provide the fastening strength. Have fun!

Latest posts

Back