Weather Report

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still winter here, 40F in the morning and up to the 50F during the day. A lot of rain, but no storms, floods or tornadoes. Highest water I have even seen in the Great Lakes and inland lakes. The streams are high but not flooding. Still snow in the woods, but not much. Leaves are not out yet. The beech trees are all buds. It's trying to be spring and occasionally we get a taste of that, only to turn cold again. About 30 years ago we had no summer. My class reunion had a late July picnic then and we all had to wear down jackets. The bike shops didn't sell their bikes and referred to it forever after as the summer that wasn't. I hope we are not in for a repeat. We have historically had snow every month of the year and even on the 4th of July. That and the black flies keep out the apple knockers and out of state riffraff. Six months of winter and 6 more months of bad skiing. I worked outside today doing a little frame sanding. I just counted my black fly bites, 28 that I can see, but I have more on my back. The one on the end of my nose is my wife's favorite.

Last edited:
More sun and heat for us. Unseasonably dry for the coastal south

Last edited:
Got into the upper 70s F today but I saw a patch of snow in the woods about 5 x 3 feet. It looked like snow but was really snow that had been packed by snowmobiles and turned into snow/ice. I think it will be gone in a day or two. Very wet in low areas this year. On Wednesday for the evening mountain bike ride the trail head had submersible pumps to try and dry it out. It has never been like that.

More sun and heat for us. Unseasonably dry for the coastal south

From one extreme to the other. 5 straight days of rain so far

Screenshot_20190608-214256~2.png

I'm over it

It’s been a bit ordinary in the last week. Cold, wet and windy (at least cold for us). Yesterday was cool calm and cloudy, but today was a pearler. Sunny, warm, no wind. Couldn’t spend the day in the garage, so had to grab the kids nd hit some local mtb trails. The recent wet weather and a bit of drying time and the trails were perfect.

Sounds like never ending winter!

Today felt more like spring instead of muggy summer for a change here in Alabama. About 80f and humidity finally below 50 percent which make all the difference!

Last edited:
We’re definitely in pre-summer in Savannah (just moved here, so I could be wrong). Temps in the mid-to upper 80s with daily pop up thunderstorms.

Sadly (or fortunately), my bike building is on an extended ‘hold’ until I sort out the rest of my life...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re definitely in pre-summer in Savannah (just moved here, so I could be wrong). Temps in the mid-to upper 80s with daily pop up thunderstorms.

Sadly (or fortunately), my bike building is on an extended ‘hold’ until I sort out the rest of my life...

Enjoy the new digs, Doc. Is my guest room ready yet? :grin:

Hail, wind and torrential rain here again. Flood warnings for low lying areas in watershed. Not a good time to live near rivers or creeks
4757b91a154a20147a2f8db08acd642f.jpg

Hail, wind and torrential rain here again. Flood warnings for low lying areas in watershed. Not a good time to live near rivers or creeks
4757b91a154a20147a2f8db08acd642f.jpg

Can't like that. Stay safe

On Saturday they are predicting that the low temperatures will finally be in the 50sF. Looks like a week of low temperatures in the 50s. Looks like we are finally leaving the 30s and 40s behind. All the leaves are still not all the way out, the lilacs are blooming and fern fiddle heads are just about done.

Latest posts

Back