WE ARE BOTH FINISHED!!! thatismytruck vs. ifitsfreeitsforme

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: thatismytruck vs. ifitsfreeitsforme

Verrt said:
Either the photo's reversed or the the chain ring is on the wrong side?

winner winner chicken dinner!!

I can't believe I didn't notice until now. I put it together last weekend!

was pretty sure I knew how to mount my 3 speed shifter. It didn't work like I wanted so ....

photo_55.JPG

You gonna run a jack shaft jackshaft?

I meant to get the drive chain back on the correct side.

Did a few things today. Got all the sheet metal stripped finally. Started painting the fork and rear fender, but noticed it isn't drying. It's cool and humid today.

So I gave a light polish to the fork crown cover.

by9abybu.jpg

Then ran the rusty fender headlight through the wire wheel and noticed an LED flashlight fits perfect inside. Easiest conversion ever.

teqetu5u.jpg

Oops, didn't mean to send that....

Here's the light closed:

qynybyza.jpg

Then I cleaned up the rear reflector and noticed it has two perfect little holes in it. One still has the BB in it. So I left it there.

7apu2y8a.jpg

e8edube6.jpg

Then I trimmed the bottom point off the rear fender to match bottom of rack.

aqyte9as.jpg

And I cut out the chain relief because it rubs the Fat Franks.

Looking good guys! :D Pretty cool that a BB is still in the reflector, Ian 8)

I did a bunch today also ...

Head badge on.
2012-09-29_10-49-33_697.jpg

and coincidentally I fitted a fender light with a bike LED headlight that had a broken bracket.
2012-09-29_09-40-19_671.jpg

2012-09-29_09-42-12_527.jpg

2012-09-29_09-43-24_468.jpg

Then I got rid of the Kenda Flames. I despise them. If you want new mounted but never ridden 26 X2.125 Kenda Flames with tubes, PM me. These came on the rims I'm using, which I put Kenda Kraze's on.I had them in the garage so I went with it. I like them.
2012-09-29_17-13-52_535.jpg

2012-09-29_17-14-13_726.jpg

Then I finished the fork assembly. The truss I made works like a dream. 60,000psi stainless tubing never looked so good. :shock:
2012-09-29_17-54-20_891.jpg

Then I fit the front wheel on.
2012-09-29_17-57-59_50.jpg

I'm pleased with the progress. I would have done the rear fender but I need some more SS hardware.

Skip, everything looks REALLY good. So you.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Skip, everything looks REALLY good. So <to heck with> you.

I snorted. This is a good competition for sure. Gunna be a tough one for all these guys to vote on.

Wow, nice work Skip! :D That black on black looks really cool 8) Hard to believe you don't like Kenda Flames :shock: I put Flames on the rear of both my build off bikes and love them...very smooth ride :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Wow, nice work Skip! :D That black on black looks really cool 8) Hard to believe you don't like Kenda Flames :shock: I put Flames on the rear of both my build off bikes and love them...very smooth ride :wink:

Thanks!

as to the preferences, I'll chalk it up to me being 48 and you a teenager. :wink: :lol:

Boy just called dibs on them. I don't know why. He must have an idea. I do have another Higgins frame hanging around, though.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I got to read the REAL post! :lol: :lol:

I love this thread! There's more name calling and cussing then........Well if ya can't call your best friend names...He ain't your best friend!

KOTA said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I got to read the REAL post! :lol: :lol:

I love this thread! There's more name calling and cussing then........Well if ya can't call your best friend names...He ain't your best friend!

I wasn't sure if it would get edited, I knew it was at least borderline. :lol: I edited it in my post just now so others can get the gist. The removal of swearing is one of the reasons I like this site, so I'm good with it.

As far as building, I just painted all the rear fender bolts and am heading out to Goody's Hardware to get some more ... umm ... hardware to finish attaching the rear rack, fender and guards.

Should have a roller by tonight, after I do some yard work. I need a battery for the tractor. It's leaf cleaning season!

Latest posts

Back