WE ARE BOTH FINISHED!!! thatismytruck vs. ifitsfreeitsforme

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: thatismytruck vs. ifitsfreeitsforme

Couldn't resist tapping the old rivet holes and getting the head badge back on.
u5ugarup.jpg

And reinstalling the crank

pedyqepa.jpg

Still SO much stripping and painting to do.

Skip: I really like that flat black with the RRB decals 8) The safety badge on the fender looks awesome :wink:

Ian: The black and chrome go together great! 8)

36 days Skip! 36 fast-flying days.

I'm beginning to worry if I'll make the deadline.

Was able to get the threads traced with a die at a local shop here near work http://www.northhavenbike.com/. They were very nice there and interested in the old bike. So I bought a nice set of all black lock on grips that will look good on my project.

They still have that Haro Premium BMX that I really want to get for Boy. tempting .......

they are good peeps there. That is where my bicycle club originated in 1972 (Laurel Bike Club)

hopefully he gets distracted by the GM frame (Genetic Misfit) and misses the deadline on our buildoff.

ya.

Worked on bike last night and will some today at work. Need to turn something on the lathe and also adding a bar inside the beehive to keep it from springing. Front tire is too big to allow any spring travel.

thatismytruck said:
... also adding a bar inside the beehive to keep it from springing...

clever.

Didn't get to use the lathe, but got a couple of things done.
I hope I find the upper truss for the springer, but if I don't this will work.
2012-09-27_12-32-03_556.jpg

2012-09-27_12-48-03_505.jpg

Will finish this at home. Need to drill one more hole and give it a bend. This will make my Beehive non-functional. It was really bouncy anyway. This will make the bike ride better.
ResizedImage_1348764424039.jpg

not fair! not fair! Using tools at a multi-million dollar company. weeaahhh.

No. I'm gonna trump your Safety shield with it suckah. You'll see.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
No. I'm gonna trump your Safety shield with it suckah. You'll see.

bring it

Did a little construction and mock this evening. The no travel springer will work out well. NOt sure if I need it anymore though 'cause I'm not using the supersize wheel and tire, but I want it since I think it will ride better.

2012-09-28_21-17-57_740.jpg

first one that notices what is wrong with the photo wins world acclaim. I didn't notice until I previewed this post. doh! :oops:

I also decided to use another wheel set I have laying around. :shock: black hoops chrome spokes. Will use the tires I have for it even though I don't like them. I thought I had a photo of them. not really exciting to look at though. Now I think of it I might have two tires I like better. Going to look ....

Latest posts

Back