We are being watched...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
...but in a good way!

One week ago it was suggested to me (by G-Matt) to check out this website http://www.cobraties.com/ and have a look at their FLEXROUTE® cable guides. I really liked the looks and the concept and immediately ordered a sample. Yesterday I received the sample piece and more. Instead of one guide that I expected to find, I was surprised to find four of them along with a handful of their patented “cobra” ties and this letter:

12fe3d0b-2182-4be0-b58c-1c47e961b2b7_zps0jzae9tf.jpg

This morning I talked to Sean on the phone. It turns out that part of his job for the company is to surf the web for what's trending in the cycling world! Not a bad gig. :21: So, he had been checking out the build off and knew who I was when I ordered the sample and decided to contribute to the build by providing enough cable guides and cobra ties to get the job done!

These things are exactly what I was hoping to find and I can't wait to put them on my bike. You never who's watching!:thumbsup:

That is awesome! I would hope other companies did the same... ARE YOU READING WHAT I'M WRITTING "GOOD YEAR" TIRE COMPANY! WE NEED A TRUE OLD SCHOOL SLICK TIRE IN 20,24,26X2.125 AND WIDER FOR OUR CUSTOM BUILDS!!!

Last edited:
Good to see companies out there,keepin up with the rats... Big brother is always watching...

That's a sweet product line too....very useful for everyone making 3 speed conversions. ;)
Yep. They are made of a cushy rubber material that looks like it will stay in place good and won't harm the paint for those with nice paint jobs. I'll get some pictures up pretty soon of them on the bike.

That's really cool Jim, the Cobra ties look like a good solution to cable routing and also cool to see an American company steppin' up to the plate ! I seem to recall a short while back we had a designer from Huffy hangin' out, so yes we are being watched and it shows in some of the products now available to us...a good thing for the most part !
Mark

Have you considered wire loom or sleeving to further clean up the look? I got the idea for one of my new builds, YELLow Belly, and will be putting it on everything now just like ketchup (like catsup if you are old school.)

- by Gigmata

...but in a good way!

One week ago it was suggested to me (by G-Matt) to check out this website http://www.cobraties.com/ and have a look at their FLEXROUTE[emoji768] cable guides. I really liked the looks and the concept and immediately ordered a sample. Yesterday I received the sample piece and more. Instead of one guide that I expected to find, I was surprised to find four of them along with a handful of their patented “cobra” ties and this letter:

12fe3d0b-2182-4be0-b58c-1c47e961b2b7_zps0jzae9tf.jpg

This morning I talked to Sean on the phone. It turns out that part of his job for the company is to surf the web for what's trending in the cycling world! Not a bad gig. :21: So, he had been checking out the build off and knew who I was when I ordered the sample and decided to contribute to the build by providing enough cable guides and cobra ties to get the job done!

These things are exactly what I was hoping to find and I can't wait to put them on my bike. You never who's watching!:thumbsup:
That's awesome R. -Man who would have know , what a cool story I'm glad you found exactly what you were looking for & those guys were cool enough to throw in a few extras . It's great being a part of something larger then most of us even know . This puts a smile on my face [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, Sean here. I'm happy to see the benefits we can provide to regular guys (albeit more bad-... than most folks) and hopefully try to solve problems that other companies haven't. I wish all competitors of the build off good luck and I'm rooting for Jim to take it home again!

P.S. He's right by the way, somehow this is part of my job. Keep posting sweet pictures of bicycles so I get to distract myself from my other work. ;)

Last edited:
Hey guy, Sean here. I'm happy to see the benefits we can provide to regular guys (albeit more bad-... than most folks) and hopefully try to solve problems that other companies haven't. I wish all competitors of the build off good luck and I'm rooting for Jim to take it home again!

P.S. He's right by the way, somehow this is part of my job. Keep posting sweet pictures of bicycles so I get to distract myself from my other work. ;)
Thanks Sean! Glad to see you out of the shadows here!:)

Latest posts

Back