(WBO2015) 1910 INDIAN Board Track - COMPLETED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the plan was to finish the bike today,throw some fuel in,and ride off into the sunset...

Not happening.
1. Started raining and has been all day.
2. It's a public holiday,so everything is closed.
I have been trying to rack my brain where to put the Indian badge.I decided that maybe not to put it on.As it would be overkilll. Unless I mount it where it should be.
I made the plate holders by welding a nut onto a bolt.
DSCN4182.JPG
The plate
DSCN4005.JPG
Aged and rusted
DSCN4101.JPG
The strip of metal to use to hole the chain tensioner on
DSCN4183.JPG
Ready to weld into place.I will also go back and do the same on Blue Arrow.
DSCN4184.JPG
In the end I didn't have to make another seat post.I was able to bend it to shape.I also came to understanding that the German's were quite smart when it came to building saddles.
I was trying to figure out,why there are 2 bars that rest on the seat post.
If you put them both on,the saddle is firm,if you mount it so that only the first one is on,the saddle becomes a soft ride.So soft ride it is.
DSCN4187.JPG
I decided on what light I will use in the end. It was a choice between a old automobile light,almost the same one that I used on BA,or a actylene lamp.The lamp had the front glass missing etc,but it is the right one for the bike.But I couldn't believe that I found a cheap torch,and the lamp fits in perfectly.
DSCN4189.JPG
DSCN4191.JPG
The battery holder is to big,and heavy,but I could always mount it inside of a tin or something.:39: It takes 4 x D.I have tried smaller batteries but the light is not bright.I will try and pick up another battery that is flat tomorrow.It should all fit inside the case with a switch.
DSCN4192.JPG
A great rainy day project,but the shops are closed.

I found 2x 9v batteries,in the workshop.Tested them on the 4.8v bulb they work,so I swapped out the 4.8v with a 8.8v bulb.Don't know to much about all that,but figured that the bulb would burnout faster?It also seems brighter.
I want a flat/square battery,so will check at supermarket tomorrow,I think they are 4.5.
Will figure it all out once I decide.

Only a true rat rod bike would get parts welded on after it was painted!:thumbsup:
:21: RM.
If it was powder coated or baked,or sprayed by a pro,it would show.
But I have noticed with the age affect it doesn't matter.
Spray can paint, scratch's easy bad quality.So I am always touching up.
I have given up on having a spanky shiny new looking bike.
Besides I love rust and that old look.

Just catching up on this build!
Your attention to detail is superb and as usual, very creative!!!
Love this build!

License plate mounted on the front fender.
DSCN4199.JPG
Repainted the the extra welded on chain tensioner.
DSCN4200.JPG
Found the battery I wanted,much lighter and fits inside the light.
DSCN4193.JPG
Off
DSCN4197.JPG
On
DSCN4198.JPG
The switch is mounted in underneath,where the gas line use to be.
DSCN4196.JPG
Maybe down the road,I might set it all up to run off the engines power,there is a wire for that,the reason I don't do it now is because to many cables etc,and I want the engine up and running before I do.
So all I have left to do is make the light bracket.
I also want to grind a bit of the engine down,where the chain clips.Makes a annoying sound,as it taps.If I shave 1-2 mm off will solve that issue.
Chinese engines.:crazy2:
This motor came with everything and has been easier to mount than the last one,but still both have that clinking sound with the 415 chain.
After I finish this build,I will be going to do a few changes to Blue Arrow,like color the moto and weld the chain extension on.
Something to do before the Summer build-off.

You have came a long way since last time I was able to check in! The bike is looking good . I gotta say that this is my favorite build now! Good luck!

Thanx Jamie825 I am just waiting to get some pics and ride the bike.
I only have to make the light bracket.My workshop leaks,but will attempt to do it today.
It has been raining non stop.Everywhere is flooded,the roads have running water and are slippery,should have built a ark.
I wanted to enter 2 builds in this build-off,as normally it is warm and dry.This has been the wettest weather ever recorded on Mykonos.
Hopefully I can get the bike outside and go for a spin.If not I will just have to take pics in the backyard or inside.:(

Had a break with the rain. So pulled on the welllies/gumboots and waded out to the workshop.I am not jokin,my backyard.Boondocks in the middle of nowhere,I think I hear banjo's
DSCN4208.JPG
DSCN4209.JPG

Started with some rusty metal,and bent it to shape.
DSCN4211.JPG
Set up the welder in between rain,zapped myself once:crazy:
DSCN4213.JPG

Grinded down the pins on the back of the badge.
DSCN4181.JPG
Decided to mountthe badge to the top of the stem,light is mounted.
DSCN4216.JPG

And I am finished.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
It's my 48th birthday tomorrow,and this is my prezzie to me.:grin:

Will gas it up today,maybe even get a ride in with some pics.Need to scout locations...

Hope to see the rest of you at the finish line.

Had a break with the rain. So pulled on the welllies/gumboots and waded out to the workshop.I am not jokin,my backyard.Boondocks in the middle of nowhere,I think I hear banjo'sView attachment 9411 View attachment 9412
Started with some rusty metal,and bent it to shape.View attachment 9413 Set up the welder in between rain,zapped myself once:crazy:View attachment 9414
Grinded down the pins on the back of the badge.View attachment 9410Decided to mountthe badge to the top of the stem,light is mounted.View attachment 9415

And I am finished.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
It's my 48th birthday tomorrow,and this is my prezzie to me.:grin:

Will gas it up today,maybe even get a ride in with some pics.Need to scout locations...

Hope to see the rest of you at the finish line.
So far as locations, how about at the light house at the Aegean Maritime Museum?

So got it runnin,took a few times,then had to adjust the idle.Went for a spin up n down,over and over.I am soaking wet.:rofl:
My shoes,my back(even thou there is a mudguard???)
My road(come to think of it all the roads are streams).But had some fun.
Have one small problem,the tank leaks at the crack,but only a drop,not even.Will seal it better later tonight.
Made this small vid before the battery went flat on the camera.

Tomorrow is pic day...

So far as locations, how about at the light house at the Aegean Maritime Museum?
The lighthouse is on the other side of the island,the museum is in town.Roads are so wet,and flooded,also damaged with holes.
I live in the center/countryside near the town of AnoMera.
I was hoping to find a old truck/car or machinery.Will see how the weather is tomorrow.Might even head up to the mines.

Do you have a period style outfit to go with it?
That would be a cool video. Hey, Happy Birthday!!!
:41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41:

Carl.

Latest posts

Back