(WBO) X.L. Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was gonna suggest stretching the tank, but the nanner seat would work too.

I actually finished it today, only two weeks into the build off. I went with a paint scheme which is brighter than I normally like, but I was trying to match both the original paint of the fork, and the seat I made. There are endless little details on this.
IMG_3082_zpse83376ca.jpg

IMG_3083_zps43244ca1.jpg

IMG_3084_zps477a09c9.jpg

IMG_3085_zps9185919c.jpg

IMG_3086_zpsb8678502.jpg

IMG_3087_zps7c67790e.jpg

NOS 7/8" motorcycle grips, LED headlight, trophy topper, hub caps, raccoon tail, Maui County bicycle tag, German fender ornament, Spikes for fender bracket mounts, Iranian license plate, chess piece valve stem caps, and custom made leather seat.

I'm really happy with this one.

Done did do...
You have another bike in this build too.
Better get on it! Only 11 or 12 weeks left...
(something like that)

Carl.

I actually finished it today, only two weeks into the build off. I went with a paint scheme which is brighter than I normally like, but I was trying to match both the original paint of the fork, and the seat I made. There are endless little details on this.
IMG_3082_zpse83376ca.jpg

IMG_3083_zps43244ca1.jpg

IMG_3084_zps477a09c9.jpg

IMG_3085_zps9185919c.jpg

IMG_3086_zpsb8678502.jpg

IMG_3087_zps7c67790e.jpg

NOS 7/8" motorcycle grips, LED headlight, trophy topper, hub caps, raccoon tail, Maui County bicycle tag, German fender ornament, Spikes for fender bracket mounts, Iranian license plate, chess piece valve stem caps, and custom made leather seat.

I'm really happy with this one.
i have spikes on 3 of my bikes as fender brace mounts

Very Cool, nice doodads but not overly done! You certainly made quick work out of this one.

Excellent work on this build! Great fab work and excellent doodads!
BRAVO!!!

wow momma jats and I have not even entered yet!! great job!!

I've got another build that I wanted to do, and since this will probably be the bike I bring to O.B.C. in Vegas in the beginning of April, I figured that the timing is perfect to also put it here in the build off. I've got a J.C. Higgins tank/frame that I got from A.S. Nutbolt some time ago, but I've not done anything with it yet. This is mainly because at almost 6'-3", I just don't fit vintage frames, no matter how much I love them (which is a lot).

This has no "theme," per se. Just stretching the frame, then putting on some cool parts I've been collecting, such as a Beehive springer that I won on ebay, a heavy duty skiptooth wheelset I bought from Vintage Bicycle Supply here in Sac, and other parts. I'm calling it X.L. Higgins. Please forgive me for hacking up a perfectly good tank frame.

The start:
IMG_3052_zpsf5fbd5ee.jpg

Cutting and placing over my "Science" frame template to get the right dimensions that I like:
IMG_3057_zps6b0a7a04.jpg

After lengthening the down tube, I didn't like how it was looking, so I changed direction a little, and put in some steel around the front wheel, and made the bottom more like a Science frame.
IMG_3058_zpsa5f5ff65.jpg
seeing this last pics helps a lot in wanting to make a frame, and I have the slightest clue, but this helps. Your bike is my favorite so far in the event. Great work!

Latest posts

Back