(WBO) SGT. ROCK finished (for now)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a big butt seat for sure!

24? I don't get it... It's a 26" wheel.
(Not a keifer fan either)

Carl.

Finally moved my toolbox into the basement for my winter bike shop. Started tearing my Typhoon down. The S-7 wheels and the front sprocket are gonna be replaced. Got my rattlecan today so prep for paint soon, degrease and rough up the finish for some tooth. Ain't got a dime to put into this thing but I gotta get on it...

Carl.

Yeah, them S-7 rims and tires gotta go...
Carl.

Isn't it a shame there's very few tire options for the S-7 rims? They would be a great rim if someone would just give us some cool tire sizes! I have probably 5 sets that are good as scrap metal, I'm sure most everyone else does too.

Well if these would have had a better hub than the standard red band... I could've lived with a nice 2 speed kickback, but yeah no fat tires not even medium tires for the S-7... These been painted over too, someone actually painted tan over the nice white w/ red pinstriped rims... arrgh!

Carl.

A few classic s7s here.http://www.bicycleheaven.org/page46.html
I bought a set of 16" brick treads from them last summer, was fast to the door, like 4 days. They bent a bead in shipping, but I easily straightened it back out.

Yeah, I know there are some replacement tires out there. But, I would love to see some one manufacture some S-7 that are 2 1/8 or 2 1/4, and maybe a crème and a wide whitehall, etc. etc. It would put alot of old rims back in service I bet.

Yep I have a pair of brand new tires on them S-7 rims, might use them someday, ha. If I don't find the cash to put a motor on SGT.ROCK then I may keep the front wheel set and go skinny/fat with a bigger back tire setup, but the wish is to go 26 x 2 1/2 tires front and back.

Although... thinking out loud here...

I wonder if the motor would spin the smaller wheel & tires easier?

Carl.

Started in on the paint and man I got some fish eye on the gear side stays...
I had wiped it down with mineral spirits after a scruffy pad buff.
I thought the og red would look good peeking thru any nicks down the road.
But I suppose there was still gear lube on it...
Easy fix just waitin' on paint to dry... and then it's goin' down to bare metal.

Carl.

Last edited:

BareMetalBom...
Got it stripped today, I have a little fine sanding to do still, but it's almost ready for the sandable primer. I'm also looking for a different paint. Flat. I know it's not "right" for army olive, but I'll also be doing some flat black on it so... we'll see.

Carl.

Last edited:
I kinda like Skylar Grey's handlebars... hmm....

16414264436_bcd1525f91_o.jpg

Carl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back