(WBO) Salvaged Title

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool! That seat is awesome, fits the bike perfectly!
I may have missed the post earlier, but did you mention how you will be braking that big wheel yet?

Luke.

I have not said. I know that I'm going to be using the coaster brake on the front wheel, but I'm still not sure about the rear. I'm thinking about just making a spoon brake. A spoon brake would not be the dominant brake to use, obviously, but it would stop me quick when I needed it.

I have not said. I know that I'm going to be using the coaster brake on the front wheel, but I'm still not sure about the rear. I'm thinking about just making a spoon brake. A spoon brake would not be the dominant brake to use, obviously, but it would stop me quick when I needed it.
Cool. Feel free to try the washer disc brake mount idea I use if you like.

Luke.

Here ya go:

15695744560_b7c41b171c_z.jpg

15301615173_ebdaa4222a_z.jpg

15907012070_f36e00f8c8_z.jpg

To get the washer straight and level I just used two welders magnets to hold it straight to the hub while tack welding it from the back.

Luke.

Speedy Gonzalas,your almost done and I haven't even started....
83ed951c726bb2f9f03cb449d951c7c4

Excellent start,have enjoyed your builds in the past...

Oh yeah, Luke's disc system is slick! Do it...
Of course the front brake ain't gonna flip this bike.
Unless you're doing a 50mph downhill gravity run!

Lookin' awesome! You're starting another bike too?
I ain't even twisted a wrench yet...

Carl.

Just catching up n this build!
MO FATTA MO BETTA!!!!

Any progress Deven? Really looking forward to seeing this one happen!

Luke.

I had temporarily put this build on hold, as for some reason, I wasn't feeling the final shape of the frame. Not being able to pinpoint why, I just set it aside, thinking that it would come to me. It still hasn't, but it doesn't matter anyway, as I've had to take myself out of build mode for a while. I'm in clean out and sell mode right now. I hope to pick this back up with time left in the build off.

Latest posts

Back