(WBO) Iday's Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to figure how to put a rear brake on when I remembered how I did it to an old Starlet years ago. I made a bracket and mounted the handbrake an inch higher. Now I have a matching set of brakes.

167le2g.jpg

161yxwh.jpg

I still need more braking in traffic, then it dawned on me, I can swap the guts from the 2 speed with coaster on the 20" wheel to the 24" wheel, same hub shell. I'll also change the spring tension on the shift point I've read about on these hubs, and check to see how a year or so has worn on the internals.

x5o4ky.jpg

The swap was easy and now I have brakes that will stop me in short order.

My last post on this build. Time to go riding.

wwf1hy.jpg

Update: I added a chrome chain and a new set of 27" forks along with a big seat. It's even more perfect for the city streets here.
I also went back to the original cog in the rear and put a new 44 tooth chain wheel on. That gives a slightly higher overall gear but still good for the uphill in low. I still have to trim the extra threads off the new forks, but they work better than the bmx style forks.
oct%2011%20bike%20ride%20010_zpscq8yjhft.jpg

Update: I added a chrome chain and a new set of 27" forks along with a big seat. It's even more perfect for the city streets here. I also went back to the original cog in the rear and put a new 44 tooth chain wheel on. That gives a slightly higher overall gear but still good for the uphill in low. I still have to trim the extra threads off the new forks, but they work better than the bmx style forks.
oct%2011%20bike%20ride%20010_zpscq8yjhft.jpg

Latest posts

Back