WBO-Fully Sprung Elgin- **Tested/Finished**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! Does the front brake work good?
TRM...A person with your knowledge would be so stoked to ride this bike. New cable and housing makes sure it's smooth. Smooth!!! I have it adjusted tight, and the lever needs not much travel to contact the shoes, so it is really responsive for a brake this old. The bike also rises up in front when it's applied. Man oh man I love rat rod bikes...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Okay! Here you go Luke TJ; the "silver bell" location. I tried them in many spots, where they looked great, but here they are out of the way............
IMG_3194_zps754d2406.jpg

IMG_3179_zps2580508b.jpg

And the stack I ended up with. Thanks for everyone's great energy helping me avoid cutting the steer tube down........
IMG_3185_zps44850109.jpg

Another look, and from here I'll follow up with some fancy photos later for the finished bike thread when I get a chance.
IMG_3172_zpsafcdc97c.jpg

IMG_3163_zpsda954286.jpg

IMG_3165_zps72a3670e.jpg

This timing on this bike worked out great for me with the RRB winter build-athon. Not a buildoff type person really, but wanted to share with RRB-ers. 2 or 3 years in the planning, this bike exactly reflects my style, which is geared towards building a rider, since I ride more than most people. For me, it starts with a prewar/postwar American frame and/or springer/truss rod fork. Add a 3-speed coaster rear, skip drive, a nice wheelset and good quality parts. From there, the possibilities are endless. I'll for sure keep this bike. :happy: More pics to come later!!! SKPC

Last edited:
I like it. The spacers on the bottom just make so much sense to me. Good job.

Carl.

A very nice build! I bet it will get lots of miles and smiles!!

GC, BA, Walker and MK. I really appreciate your good energies man. Just spreading the bike love thing...we are all affected by it no matter how it rolls..
Thanks for your super positive and encouraging comments above..:happy:

Last edited:
Great looking bike, Wheels are definitely sweeeet!

Also cool that you get to ride it in February (where is all Utah's snow?!?)

Worst year for snow in 30 years here at 7000 feet..not good at all. A handfull of skinny new snow days and that's it.:arghh: Glad to see you have some back east, you guys deserve it!

A few more items to note about this bike. 19" seat tube, head-71/seat-68 degrees, 46" wheelbase, 12" bb height, 20" chainstays, 40lbs w/pedals.:rofl: My initial impressions are pretty giddy. I look forward to riding it in the flats this summer. I think this bike could be easily set up for different people and for different riding and surface conditions very easily. The seat position, height and angle are easily changed, and the bars rotate up and down. The frames' head and seat angle can be adjusted. A fat 2.4 Kevlar bead small block mtb tire would turn it into a gravel racer, and for those roadies, you could run clip-less pedals. Check this item out to convert....
IMG_3374_zpsc10f1cb5.jpg

Allows the use of clip-less (9/16 shaft)pedals with old one-piece(1/2") cranks. I use these on certain Rats set up for longer rides. It does push your foot out 1/2" but not really noticeable...
A couple more detail pics and some preview bike looks....
IMG_3287_zpse7efcd3c.jpg
IMG_3260_zpsc01f8fa4.jpg

IMG_3268_zpsacf9609c.jpg

IMG_3293_zps9a51d348.jpg

Latest posts

Back