(WBO) fenceliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
th

I'd just put a spacer under the bottom bearing race....
they come in all sizes, or make one from some pipe...

Carl. check them out... you may need 1 1/8" tho...

If you do that, the steer tube will move down further into the head tube. There may not be enough threads left to install the thick fork yoke, the lock washers and the final nut. Maybe mock it up and see...

Thanks for all the input on the fork. The problem with the spacer is that it's more of an angle issue than space issue, and there really wouldn't be enough threads. I've decided just to bend the bracket I have.

If you do that, the steer tube will move down further into the head tube. There may not be enough threads left to install the thick fork yoke, the lock washers and the final nut. Maybe mock it up and see...
Well, I've done it before. You don't need to use the thickest ones.... It only needs to be lifted enough for the bracket (fork yolk) to sit level probably only about a quarter inch. I'd be tempted to switch that top cap nut and bearing race to a Schwinn style so the yolk (fork crown ring) will have a flat surface to sit on...
springer_head1.jpg

I went looking... see where this guy put his spacers? I would've put them under the bottom race, it lifts the frame a quarter inch, But gives you a cleaner look on top and mates the crown ring flat on the bearing race. Is your bearing race flat? Looks like it has a lip on it, that's why I suggested a Schwinn style... It's just nuts a bolts man, you can figure this out.

Carl.

Things have been crazy at work = zero time to work on the fenceliner. I'm going to get it done even if it's 10 minutes at a time. I finally did get the fork straightened out. All this down time and I still haven't decided on 24" or 26" wheels, skiptooth or if not what sprocket to use.
The current set up.
f272782a9abfaa04e2fb7e2e28bcbd9e.jpg

Could steal parts from this...24" Skiptooth. Bermmasters or Thickbricks will fit correct?
6c3fa3b9e9db233ae2a8dc931bd4f8b9.jpg
1a6a4711d8494f02145b38cec1e17da4.jpg

Or this.....
80fffd274f2520c8e84921e0fcbea1d4.jpg

This isn't bad.
dcd186c319ed127bac2d341180585dc6.jpg

Leaning towards this drive train off a old house painted women's schwinn.
[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/17/576b6295a35f1e579da406a0d050e6dc.jpg[/IMG]
I'm making a decision tonight and moving forward.

It would look great with staggered tire sizes. 26" out back, 24" in front. lace the skip tooth into the 26" wheel

If you don't want to lace a new wheel, go 24" all around with a 3" tire out back and a 2.125" or 1.75" tire out front.

f272782a9abfaa04e2fb7e2e28bcbd9e.jpg

Thanks for posting this info about flipping the springer around!:thumbsup:
Thinking about doing this on one of my bikes, can I still mount a original front fender with it flipped?

Last edited:
Try the fender mounted backwards! Er, uh, mounted backwards facing forwards on the fork!

I'm tapping out, work and general BS got the best of me. I'll keep plugging away at it, but I'm out of the WBO

Latest posts

Back