(WBO) Drag Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/QUOTE]

DSC02267_zpsm8gmqesq.jpg

[/QUOTE]

The internet was in a frenzy, was it a silver frame or black!

So.... the painting on the frame is done now. I got that worn out look I wanted to get. Even growd a bit of rust today... the fast way...
DSC02270_zpsa4lslk7t.jpg

Front light and hubs are done as well....
DSC02274_zpsvp93eka3.jpg

back to work to get some more progress here.
Cheers!

It looks like you need a way to attach the bars. I was in a similar situation and wanted to use dual stems coming out of the fork tubes. Ultimately, I could go another route but I was prepared not to. Let me know what you need, dude. I like the way this is turning out.

- by Gigmata

Thx buddy! Really! My problem is I'm not a welder. So I asked the guys in the custom motorbike shop if they could help me out. So as the said no problem I gave it to them and waited. Also the handlebar issue should be solved by cutting the ends and weld them to the fork tubes. Now he told me they don't have the time to do it... So I ordered another fork which fits the frame but it's on delay...:banghead:

So... no way I can make the deadline!

Glad to hear your back in the build.
Minor problems can be sorted out.
5 days left,see you at the finish line.

Finally it's done! As the fork I got from my friend was 1 1/8 I had to source something else. The final fork came from a ladies bike (we call them holland - bikes) made for 635 sized wheels as a regular 28" fork didn't work. So I added some additional bars to make it look more oldschool. And found a new place for the towhook!
The rear fender was another thing to solve but it's now fixed and not touched by the tire any more.

I wish i could post some pix in the sun but the weather here won't get better soon...

DSC02350_zpsmsg6lyfv.jpg

DSC02352_zpsoxsaafui.jpg

DSC02353_zps7jgjfdne.jpg

oh yeah... shifting is more "finding gears" but it works... all 8!!!

Sweet Bike! I really love long low bikes... as you could probably guess. Do you know what kind of frame that is? It has really nice lines.

Latest posts

Back