(WBO) Drag Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A built off! Amazing. So as I built up this thing anyway I thought why not getting some preasure with a deadline and throw my hat in here.

DSC02108_zpsa7dd0e34.jpg

I got my hand on this Chopper frame. Which needs a makeover badly. So the Idea is a really low drag bike rollin on 28" wheels. The fork right now is just for reference to see how low it will be.
It's getting a 4" mini bmx crank, black rims, a new paintjob, lights, clip on handlebars and sure some details I'm not sure about that.

So far... cheers

Fork puzzle....
DSC02114_zps936f0b1e.jpg

I cutted the upper and lower parts of the tubes and drilled the crowns so I can be weldet together after the right height is made sure. Now I'm waiting for the front tire to turn in...
Removing the old paint is a mess but I hope today after work it will be done and get some filler on to close the holes in the upper tube.

So far...

Fork puzzle....
DSC02114_zps936f0b1e.jpg

I cutted the upper and lower parts of the tubes and drilled the crowns so I can be weldet together after the right height is made sure. Now I'm waiting for the front tire to turn in...
Removing the old paint is a mess but I hope today after work it will be done and get some filler on to close the holes in the upper tube.

So far...
This will be cool!

Luke.

Hmm, yeah it looks cool, but will it pedal? Looks like a scraper to me, better test fit your sprocket before you cut down them fork tubes... (Didn't you actually say you were gonna do that anyway?) Bare Metal Bomb for sure.

Carl.

It looks like you're putting the forks together backwards. you have the two fork tubes, the steering tube attached to the bottom plate, and a top plate.

In the pictures it looks like you are using the top plate as the bottom plate and and inserting the steering tube upside down. Is this just for mock-up purposes or are you trying something different?

The fork now is just for Mock-up as I need to drill the lower crown to get the tubes go through.
And yes... that thing is low! I should get a bit more groundclearence with the final tires. The work will be finished at last to make sure it will pedal.
Surely a regular sproket and crank won't fit. So I get some mini-bmx parts. That should work with the 8 gear nexus.

Short pedal arms,will do the trick...
They make me feel like a clown:rofl: I feel like I'm pedaling but going no where.
But with 8 gears,should be a nice cruise.

Yeah... that's part of the deal... clowncranks...
So... paint on the frame will take some more time as I need to finish installation of my shifter first... anyway...
Worked on my rims... they come frome a very old ladies bike. Probably 1940s and been outside the last couple of years...
So the rims looked like this...
DSC02189_zps51b6177e.jpg

After a lot of grinding they looked like this:
DSC02197_zps0e1065db.jpg

And three layers of paint...
DSC02206_zps1f961722.jpg

now i deed to choose between flat or glossy clearcoat....

yeah... the hubs... need to be cleaned and proably painted as well...

Latest posts

Back