(WBO) - DECO BOMBER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This afternoon I decided to swap out the ape hangers with a set of Al's Rapid Transit KOS Kruiser bars complete with boxed cross bar. Added some AME flangeless Tri grips and couldn't resist installing the crank set even though it is a bit on the long side.

Had it all dialed in and ready for a test ride and got about two feet and heard clicking from the front....yep, forgot to grind down those fork hanger bolts. Fortunately no damage was done.

I'm pretty sure I'm liking the way it looks like this....more of a bomber for sure...

sk002_small.jpg

I'm going to switch to a black chain and paint the seat post black.

Not much left to do after that...except take final pics and ride it. :D

I like it. did you have to run the chain ring on the back of the crank to correct the chainline?

Yep. Switchin' them bars out was the deal, and those crank arms ain't quite scraper style (never could figure those out...) lookin' good. I love the engraved deco lines on the head. Definitely, Deco Bomber!

Carl.

Simple, clean, silver/black rider...Beautiful Rat. I cannot own another SilverKing frame because I end up breaking them after alot of miles, which isn't good..:cry: I miss my no-longer-living SilverKing Rat soooo much. Also my #1 frame! SKPC

I think this is my favorite build that you have done.

Latest posts

Back