(WBO) Barn Rod [Finished]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I'm in didn't have anything that was that inspiring that I could put together in this time frame until this weekend when someone decided to pull this frame out of his barn and put it on craigslist. After spending much time staring at it I have decided it needs a sort of rockabilly hot rod sort of look . I'm thinking of just clear coating the rust its to beautiful to paint
100_2260.JPG

The barns here are a lot newer than in back east and so are the things stowed away in them . For some reason no one really wanted to live here in the desert before air conditioning .

:21: Crack up... New age barn find ,a futuristic barn.
Anyway a good starting project.Great idea on leaving it rusty.That will look real rat(oh n oldish):grin:

Did a little mock up this evening till i got tired of busting my knuckles trying to get a pedal off. Have to put some spacers in to get these forks to fit and maybe a little cutting. found the bmx bars a nice Mesinger seat that needs some new padding at my LBS . The wheels and tires came off a Schwinn cruiser I bought over the weekend .
100_2272.JPG
100_2275.JPG
100_2274.JPG
100_2273.JPG

I bought a new bike once and :eek: never even rode it. It got chopped into parts for MBBO#2, and I'm still using stuff from it o_O The rims are on my current build. ;)

Carl.

100_2286.JPG
100_2287.JPG
100_2288.JPG
100_2289.JPG
100_2290.JPG
More mockup pics added a awesome vintage generator headlight going to change it to battery op and led , a skull that I was going to use as a hood ornament on my rat jeep , dice valve caps , a beautiful rusty horn , a kick stand , and a vintage French tail light that's probably going on my Shelby won a more suitable tail light for this bike on Ebay should be here soon . Stay tuned more to come .

Got a little time in the shop this evening cut out a template for the tank , mounted the chain guard , put my Arizona lic plate on the seat for now . Hoping to get time after the making the tank to make a licence plate holder / rear tail light mount .
100_2308.JPG
100_2309.JPG
100_2305.JPG

100_2312.JPG
100_2311.JPG
100_2314.JPG
100_2315.JPG
Hit the chrome headlight visor with some jewelry patina that I got the other day at Hobby lobby . This one is onyx still looking for the rust color . Have to hit a few more stores to see if I can find it. Got the new tail light in the mail yesterday

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back