WBO 2017 Jan 1st to April 1st: ANYTHING GOES INCLUDING BUILDS ALREADY STARTED!---GO!---

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright, we have an empty 3 month time slot at the start of next year, we ran it as an anything goes build-off for a couple of years and switched it up to an offroad build-off last time, which seemed to go down well...

I have been reading through old build-off suggestions and one that keeps popping up is a build-off to finish off unfinished bikes, either from previous build-off's that were never finished or just builds that stopped somewhere along the way before getting completed.

A build-off specially for those builds could be great motivation to get them finished, and some of those builds could be spectacular if they finally got done!

EDIT: Going to run this as Anything Goes.

Rules:
1: Start a build thread in the new forum that will open up on the day and post your progress there as it happens.
2: Must be human powered. (Can have motor as well.)
3: Build cannot be finished at the time of the first post. (We want to see some progress happen!)
4: Must be in the finished area by the deadline to be eligible for voting.
5: Riding photo or video if rideability is questionable.
6: You must have fun.

Does not matter if builds are already started before the build-off, provided they are not a completely finished build.

Countdown clocks:

Start (Jan 1st 00:01am USA Central): https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-wbo-2017-start-01-january-2017-countdown-clock

Finish (April 1st 11:59pm USA Central): https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-wbo-2017-finish-countdown-clock

Luke.

Last edited:
I could put Air Force Too in a build off like that, I don't know if I'll get back to it by then tho.
I still need to build the bike I intended for B.O.11,but I could save that for 12 since I still have more design tweaks to make.

Think I'm batting about .500 as build-offs go. Finished three out of six I believe, including bailing on BO11 this year. Only problem I have with this concept is I usually sell off one project to fund another, so all the bikes I didn't finish are gone. My lovely wife says I just like buying and selling!

furyus

Oh man, I could finish my wife's bike that I put in the WBO 2 years ago and never finished! LOL Right before spring, so she's be happy!
Happy wife, happy life!

Luke.

Hope you're going to finish The Outlaw..:)...this is a great idea.

Oh man, I could finish my wife's bike that I put in the WBO 2 years ago and never finished! LOL Right before spring, so she's be happy! Might I suggest "proving" the build with a link to the original build thread be a requirement?

CRASH leave the rule making to Luke. I'm sure everyone will post a link to the original build anyways.

Think I'm batting about .500 as build-offs go. Finished three out of six I believe, including bailing on BO11 this year. Only problem I have with this concept is I usually sell off one project to fund another, so all the bikes I didn't finish are gone. My lovely wife says I just like buying and selling!

furyus

That's the beauty of having an anything goes build as an option. You can also enter anything else you'd like to.

Might I suggest "proving" the build with a link to the original build thread be a requirement?
I'm not sure it is necessary to prove the build is half done, surely pictures of it as it currently stands would be all that was needed?

I might have not understood your point maybe? :39:

I'm not worried about whether or not they were originally in a build-off before, I am sure we have all had normal builds that have just stalled out due to outside factors.

Luke.

Hope you're going to finish The Outlaw..:)...this is a great idea..
Glad you like the idea Chad, not an original idea on my part, it has been floated for a few years on the site...

Yes, Outlaw is my aim... I also have Back40 which needs not much to finish, so I might try for two entries! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Glad you like the idea Chad, not an original idea on my part, it has been floated for a few years on the site...

Yes, Outlaw is my aim... I also have Back40 which needs not much to finish, so I might try for two entries! :thumbsup:

Luke.
Love to see the Back40 done Luke! That bike has a lot of promise!

i would be in for a anything goes build , there is something i always wanted to build , not the typical bike :nod: might as well share the build in a buildoff

I am NOT resurrecting that tandem clown bike with bucking bronco wheels!
Although I could turn that tandem into a burrito or a tall bike...Hey is there a such thing as a tall burrito?

Carl.

Back