(WBO 2015) Girlfriends OBX Bike (COMPLETED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0301151428.jpg

0301151403.jpg

Last edited:
Well I had to yank out the neck. It would not go into the forks. Measured the stem and it is 22.2 that will not work. So, I just ordered the correct 21.1.

I am at my stopping point right now. Waiting on a chain ring I ordered and now a neck that fits. I will get to mounting the tank light later tonight. Right now I'm gonna go fix some steaks on the grill.
0301151716.jpg

0301152003a.jpg
And now the official name for the build is Girlfriends OBX Bike. When I get it completed I'll give everyone the run down as to why I built this bike for her.
0301152003.jpg

0301152002.jpg

Metalchewy and his wife get credit for the kickstand pad/leveler. MBBO 2014 prize they sent for my Hurst Stingray Build.:113:
0301152001.jpg

99.5% finished! Last bits going on tonight. Touch up on some scratches, clean it up while waiting for a sunny day to take some good pictures. I DO NOT LIKE PUTTING THESE CHAIN GUARDS ON!
0310151751.jpg

The story behind the build is this... My girlfriend and I were both born and raised in Elizabeth City, NC. We dated in Jr. High and later as older teens. We both lived and worked at the beaches of the Outer Banks of NC during the summer. Until 2-1/2 years ago we had not seen each other for 27 years and we reunited. We both have fond memories of our time at the beach so for me to build this for her was another way to keep those memories alive.

The story behind the build is this... My girlfriend and I were both born and raised in Elizabeth City, NC. We dated in Jr. High and later as older teens. We both lived and worked at the beaches of the Outer Banks of NC during the summer. Until 2-1/2 years ago we had not seen each other for 27 years and we reunited. We both have fond memories of our time at the beach so for me to build this for her was another way to keep those memories alive.
Nice looking build!

So will you be cruising the Outerbanks with this or Pa?
I frequent Corrolla quite a bit during the summer season (90 minute drive from my Norfolk home). If you're in PA now ....
What part of the banks can we see this cruising when you visit there?

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Nice looking build!

So will you be cruising the Outerbanks with this or Pa?
I frequent Corrolla quite a bit during the summer season (90 minute drive from my Norfolk home). If you're in PA now ....
What part of the banks can we see this cruising when you visit there?

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?
I wish I could get this bike down there. Looks like at the present time it will just be cruising the man made ponds around PA. I still have 2 brothers that live in ECNC and my nephew lives in Manteo, NC.

Latest posts

Back